Head questions

SC95Stang

I am building a turbo 3.8 V6 off of a Super Coupe block, can I use the 99+ split port heads with the Super Coupe block? I know that they are more prone than usual to blow head gaskets. Is there a way to remedy this? I have an entire Super Coupe setup, can I bypass the super charger and use the same heads and intakes? Thanks.

I think there is no reason you cannot use the split port heads. the bolts all line up as do the water passages. I wasn't aware that the SC heads were any better than the split ports in terms of blowing gaskets. you may want to try the SC head gaskets as they are designed to restrict water passages and slow down water flow for better cooling.

I have no idea about the heads but I seen a turbocharged 3.8 GTP running mid 9's at the dragstrip last Friday. Kind of funny seeing slicks on the front and skinnies on the back but that thing flat out hauled azz.:)

I have no idea about the heads but I seen a turbocharged 3.8 GTP running mid 9's at the dragstrip last Friday. Kind of funny seeing slicks on the front and skinnies on the back but that thing flat out hauled azz.:)

in what, the 1/8 mile? ;)

1995 SC (five speed) 12.9191@103.83mph
1.7489 60'
RWHP 306.59 @ 4700 RPM
RWTQ 388.35 @ 3100 RPM

Just wanted to say....that's pretty good. I was always under the impression 5 speeds needed a little more to get into the 12's with that power. Guess I was wrong.

Actually I believe it's making more power than that, (can't prove it). It dynoed 306.59 at the 06 shootout without the 5% jackshaft pulley which I removed before the shootout because the car felt slower with it. I now believe it felt slower because of belt slip. This was the first dyno this car has been on with a boost readout and it showed a max boost of 13.69 psi although the boost gauge in this car pegs hard on fast acceleration's so either may gauge is way off or there readout is. But the interesting thing about the boost readout on the dyno sheet is the boost appears to be all over the place, up then down then back up and so on. The first thing I thought about is belt slip so I put some heavy duty tensioner spring's in along with the 5% jackshaft pulley and the springs seem like they made a big difference.
Anyway, I didn't mean to highjack SC95Stang's thread so back to the topic at hand.:)

1995 SC (five speed) 12.9191@103.83mph
1.7489 60'
RWHP 306.59 @ 4700 RPM
RWTQ 388.35 @ 3100 RPM

Just wanted to say....that's pretty good. I was always under the impression 5 speeds needed a little more to get into the 12's with that power. Guess I was wrong.

Back