94 BIRD 4 sale --need opinions on it...

SK_BlownThunder

So this guy's got a 94 Bird, LX. (Unfortunately LX, but it is in really good condition all around except the motor). The 3.8 has developed a slight knock since the HGs were done on it apparently not too long ago. The car has 120 000 KMS (all original) on it and the dude wants to sell it. I rebuilt my 90 SC motor due to a knock so I do have the experience to rebuild the motor myself if I have to. Since the knock seems identical to the one I used to have in the SC and is not too serious yet, I may just need a crank bearing kit and possibly a new rod. I may even just look to find a low mileage used motor for under $1000 CDN and throw in it if I buy the car.

So basically with no motor (except for spare parts I get with the existing motor if I were to buy another motor for it) should I offer him $1000 CDN for the car? or is that too much. Other than the engine, the entire car is in EXCELLENT condition, body, interior, accessories, suspension...

I'll probably use it to get around for my co-op work terms for trips to Michigan and stuff like that. Once done school, I'll probably sell it if it carries me that far, unless of course I should be looking for any mods to do with it, but at this time I am clueless unless it has a blower!:rolleyes:

Thanks guys,

Back