Battery Drain Problem???

ERamos

I have been having this problem for a while, its one of the many reasons I have not driven my SC in a while. I had this intermittent start problem a couple months ago and I had it in the shop for a while, they couldn't figure out what was wrong for 2 weeks, it ended up costing me a grand, when he gave me my car back and it started he also told me I had a draw coming from somewhere (he said the headlights). I have tested the amperage draw from taking the negative off and testing from the cable to the terminal. I am only getting a .3-.5 amp draw which is supposed to be about right. I have tried unplugging the fuses as I am testing and nothing changes. I have no clue where the draw is coming from, the battery is brand new. I have unplugged all my extra accessories, light fog lights, and stereo system, but still have a dead battery within a day. This car is killing me I do nothing but put money and time in this car and I haven't drivin it on a regular basis in 2 years, I am so happy I bought a foreign car. If it wasn't for the looks of my SC and the money I have into it, it would be gone. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Check the posts within the last few days. Two people have had a similar battery drain problem. It could be the ABS pump relay sticking, do you hear the pump runninng when the key is off?

Back