question about a lease termination...

patrick5678

I have leased a Focus for almost 2 years out of 4. I'm desperate to get out of it. I have tried selling it and finding someone to take it over but no one wants it in a million years. even with big cash bonuses or months paid for. no use!

Anyone know what I would expect if I just left it with them and gave the keys back??

Any other ideas?

tried. I said "I'm broke, literally can't afford it. I'm gonna miss payments and you gonna have to take it away. can you get me out of it? into a used car? make me pay some fee you can make up!" and yeah got me nowhere. seriously I called the dealer and Ford Credit who just said if you do that we will own you and sell the car at an auction for as little as possible and bug you for the rest of your life as to pay the price of the car off! This was after my clutch went at about 30,000 KM and they changed the master cylinder. said the master cylinder went. but made me pay for a new clutch saying "The Master cylinder has nothing to do with the clutch going out" anyway I dunno. I think I'll drive it for the winter and then I'll have had it exactly 2 out of 4 years. then I'll drop it off to em and tell em to bite my ~~~!

This was after my clutch went at about 30,000 KM and they changed the master cylinder. said the master cylinder went. but made me pay for a new clutch saying "The Master cylinder has nothing to do with the clutch going out" anyway I dunno.

Was it the clutch master cylinder or the brake master cylinder?

30K on a clutch and they won't cover it? 30K on any component for that matter. The service manager would have had my foot prints on his desk.

You signed a 4 year lease. you're trapped. I know with cell phones, you can get out with a three month penalty. Car lease? Don't know.

Now, if you have good insurance, I have a magical friend who can make a car dissappear ..... :eek:)

Bruce

Put it on lease busters some one may take it over if you make it attractive
Do not leave it with ford it will be sold at the dealer auction as is at (wholesale pricing)
And your credit ????
Brian

Was it the clutch master cylinder or the brake master cylinder?

30K on a clutch and they won't cover it? 30K on any component for that matter. The service manager would have had my foot prints on his desk.

You signed a 4 year lease. you're trapped. I know with cell phones, you can get out with a three month penalty. Car lease? Don't know.

Now, if you have good insurance, I have a magical friend who can make a car dissappear ..... :eek:)

Bruce

I agree about making it disapear but thy no your trying to get rid of it so it won't work:(

they know I'm trying to get rid of it alright. oh yeah plus I just bought a Tbird. oh and it's been on Leasebusters for along time. with a stereo option (sub, amp, alpine deck and all 4 speakers), $1000 cash bonus or first 4 months paid!!! nothing. mebbe like one phone call in 6 months!

Well if you are that desperate to get out of it, wait until some bad weather comes along, then "lose control" and crash into a tree and total out the car. Your insurance will go up, but that won't cost as much as giving them the car back.

Mike

Witch go station parking lot is it in Toronto that the police say is a sure thing to get your car stolen if you leave it there overnight
Time to go for a ride on the go a long one
Brian

Back