Stuttering Problem, Like A MisFire

darkstar_one

Hey cool cats!,

My car has a problem, it stutters sometimes between 1500 and 2000 rpms, any other rpm is fine, It sounds like if its missing a beat, most likely the spark plug wires? I thought it was the cam sensor, but i replaced that and it still does it... .car starts up find and everything, but sometimes it starts to stuter around the rpms mentioned... I have already replaced the spark plugs with brand new ones from motorcraft and the problem went away, but now its back... Maybe my spark plug cables?

I tried pulling out the codes, under KOEO i get NO CODES, under KOER, the car dies after you press the pedal and turn the steering wheel, before the SNAP THROTTLE test.... the car just dies... so i cant get any KOER codes...

oh thanks, i figured it out, it was a faulty fuel pump relay that wasnt supplying enough voltage to the fuel pump, it had weak fuel pressure, i replaced it with one from autozone and bam! full fuel pressure! thanks dude!

Fuel pump pressure,

Sorry for high jacking this but you brought a question to mind.

What is considered good or minimal fuel pressure?

Doug

well to me, i dont have a fuel pressure gauge, so when i pressed in the fitting on the fuel rail it didnt even squirt out.... when i replaced the fuel pump relay it shot out of there almost squirting in my eye! idle fuel pressure should be close to 40 psi... not really sure, but u can snoop around the other threads...

Back