new car

Kyler

Hey there everyone, I was on here awhile go when I owned a 1990 XR7 but sold it about a year ago. I bought a 93 Z28 and am now looking for a winter/all year round car. Recently I found a 1990 SC, 5spd, black, leather, 150k, new clutch, with no rust; now I havn't had a chance to look at the car yet but Im wanting any advice someone can give me on what to look for on the car, any common problems to watch for and or parts to look at.

Thanks.

Hey there everyone, I was on here awhile go when I owned a 1990 XR7 but sold it about a year ago. I bought a 93 Z28 and am now looking for a winter/all year round car. Recently I found a 1990 SC, 5spd, black, leather, 150k, new clutch, with no rust; now I havn't had a chance to look at the car yet but Im wanting any advice someone can give me on what to look for on the car, any common problems to watch for and or parts to look at.

Thanks.

ask about the obvious headgaskets. Notorious for grinding trannys at high miles. They seem to leak a few drops here and there but check for major leaks. It can be managable in the snow mine was just need to take an easy

$$??

How much is he asking?? Headgaskets and transmission synchros, two major problems, as mentioned above. Everything else is pretty easily fixed in my opinion...Wouldnt pay more than about 1200-1500 with that kinda mileage if it runs and shifts ok. If not, then cut that in half...My .02

holy crap, $5695 !!!! are they crazy ?? i wouldnt give half that. talk them down and bring a copy of KBB or NADA to show them its not worth close to that. I hate dealers !

holy crap, $5695 !!!! are they crazy ?? i wouldnt give half that. talk them down and bring a copy of KBB or NADA to show them its not worth close to that. I hate dealers !

How can you even say that if you haven't even seen the car..............

Well, then again, maybe thats all yours is worth... who knows.

theres a link to check the car out in his thread. it looks nice but come on ! $5695 ?? for a 17 year old car with 150k on it. thats way high. and yea, my 89 SC is only worth $1600 but a 90 with more miles can't be worth $4000 more !!

I dont care if nobodies ever seen it. 150k, stock, 5700.

DONT FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS! What a crappy deal. I wonder what other 'deals' they have. They probably liked the word supercharged.

i like the way it says "season blowout" $5695, are they nuts? with the mileage and problems listed i wouldn't pay over $1200. there's alot better cars for sale on this site at half the price so don't get yourself ripped off by some shady used car lot, $5695 my butt.

Well, lets see 150000km means its got less that 100000 miles for one thing.....

Also the car is completely stock by the look of it, and that means its worth more, since a modded one isn't worth as much......

Its a 5spd so its more rare so that makes it worth more.....

Take the dollar difference between the 2 countries, well that well probably bring the value in around $4500 US.....

I'm just tired of seeing guys automatically jumping all over everything calling out crap when a car is priced over $2000, even it only has 20000 miles on it LOL!

But oh yeah... GOTTA!!! go by the book, cause its totally right all the time :D

Hey guys, I just figure i'd chime in my 2 cents about SC's and Canada that i've noticed so far here. Correct me if i'm wrong but this is just my observation:

All of the ones in great condition that i've seen online at this current time are either more expensive or the same price as the said car.

I'm just tired of seeing guys automatically jumping all over everything calling out crap when a car is priced over $2000, even it only has 20000 miles on it LOL!

But oh yeah... GOTTA!!! go by the book, cause its totally right all the time :D

$5600 is insane unless it was a 35th and that still would be high or a 94/95. I would think the guys jumping all over it have been on this site long enough to know and had many SC's. You aksed and you got. The car may not be junk and you might like it. But its not worth that and only a sucker would pay that.

just because you would pay more than the going rate for a supercoupe doesn't mean you should pay more. Fact of the matter is that the market will bear what the market will bear. We know the cars are semi-rare. But quite frankly they aren't in high demand the the general population, and that keeps the value/resale on these cars low. They were limited production, but they are not super rare, a collectors car, or a classic (yet). Maybe one day, after 80-90% have been modified/parted out and they become collectible and sought after, only then will their value go up. As it stands now they are a "good for their day" 10 to 17 year old car thats (in most cases) getting up there in mileage. Look at the brand new ones on e-bay will 400 original miles on them. They're still not getting what they paid for them.

Here is a perfect example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990...oryZ6240QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

highest bid was 7,600 for a 35th with only 9000 miles on it! Tells you something about the market value on these cars. Don't pay almost 5695 for this car (for those in the US thats around 5000 even)

i'd say thats real high!.....I just bought a 94 w/68k for 4700$. I looked for about 4 months before I found it. Be patient, you'll find one:)

Wow smokin in the boys room............

5700 for a 90.........can i have some crack too? i over paid for my 95 5 speed and i gave 3800 don't buy the first one you see and don't fall in love test drive it and take it to a person who knows whats going on with cars(not saying u don't) but get real 5700 for a 100,000 mile car? i don't care if it has new paint and body is strait....but at the end of the day it comes down to whtat YOU willl pay for what YOU want. Good Luck with the search for a coupe!
cody

As funny as it seems..Its really not that bad..Kids and mature people around here pay $4000 to $5000 for a P.O.S Honda with 300,000KM on them and think they are getting a great deal..No bull..

Back