My winter projects with the SC

drummerzrok24

Alright, as some of you may know, I ran a 14.7 this spring. All the is done to the car is a 10% OD pulley and a Raised Top. I am going to be doing some engine work this winter to attain at the very least a 13.99 on my first run (I set my goals high), but how far do you think I can go with this mod list;

Custom FMIC set-up
Cam
Injectors ? (will I need too)
Head work
75 Wet Shot
Meth Injection (maybe)
3:73's

Now, would I have to do anything to the blower itself? Porting? Cause I am going to have it apart to weld the silencer ports shut and might as well do some more to the blower. I've thought about the AR, but it's going to be a little out of my price range this winter. What do you guys recommend me doing for a cam, heads, injectors, etc. I will be getting a DD tune to go along with all of this. Would there be a low 13 second pass with this set-up? I've got my stickies for the new season, so traction will not be an issue for me again!

You guys might be thinking I am taking the quick way out using nitrous, but seeing as the results that other people ran using nitrous this year, made me want to run it.

And with all the body work being done this winter also, the car is going to look better then ever. So I am trying to keep the mods as cheap as possible so I want to use the most effectinve mods.

Thanks guys!!

Jean

Jean, I am selling my 50lb's for 300CDN. Let me know if you are interested.:rolleyes:
Only high 13's...I'd be hoping for at least mid 13's...;) :eek:

Jean, your automatic correct?, Id be questioning your convertor with those mods, I dont think you will be able to build up enough rev's to launch her as hard as you could with a higher stall convertor, thats if you have a stock one. Ive seen guys with mod's like that running mid to low 13's, but you gotta select the correct cam for spray remember, so off the spray she might run pretty slow. Id mod the car more for none spray passes as the goverment here in Ontario is clamping down more and more on the travel of contained gases without permit. just my 2 cents.

I am auto yes.., but really thinking about swapping to a 5-spd for my car.

Payton, I said at the very least a 13.99.. if I dont go 13.99.. somebody is kicking me in the balls (bet with a friend, lol). Do you guys think a 12sec pass is possible with that list?

Yep.. And I'm still gonna be quicker then you! hahaha.. j/k man! LOL.

So.. anybody gonna clue me in on some stuff here or what???

Personally, I don't know enough about those level of modifications and how they work together (or against??) each other. I don't even understand some of your acronyms. :eek:

Building a strong short block is critical. If your pulling heads and swapping cams, you might as well pull the engine and at least inspect tolerances in the bottom end. Once that's buttoned up, it mainly external mods from there.

Any external mods (blower, injectors, gear set, etc.) I would do one at a time and dyno the car in bewteen each. Otherwise, how would you know of there's any bang for your buck?

Reading the technical Forums is your best source of information. Most of your wish list has been tried somewhere in the SC world.

Get readin', eh... :eek:)

Bruce

So.. anybody gonna clue me in on some stuff here or what???

Not sure what exactly you are wanting but if the question is if low 13's is possible with those mods I will say yes, providing that you can get it to hook up.

However, you can't just throw parts at the car and expect it to respond. I suggest you talk to someone knowledgeable about the heads/cam combo and tell them exactly what you want out of the car....then go from there. Also as Bruce suggested, look in to a torque converter and maybe gears.

....and yes, you will need bigger injectors if you plan on doing those mods.

I am looking for advice on some more stuff to do while I'm in there. Things I should/not do? Anything to help me out on this one!!

Well your going to need to build boost and with that your going to need a dam good ported blower or at least an mp11.

are these the silencer ports to weld shut?

i really have no idea where they are and would like to do this before i install it in my mustang

4979on9.jpg

Last edited:
I think its to make the blower louder. But there is NO real data to support that. I'm of the feeling that by doing that, you will hurt the perfomance of the blower. Those slots are timed with the rotors for a reason. ;)

will welding them ruin the blower? i have access to a welder and am quite hesitant to use that epoxy/filler stuff. it would be a disaster for those to break loose...

Well.. they are welded shut on MP blowers... so why not on a ported M90 then?
mine wouldnt be ported, mine will be stock. im just going to grind away any excess weld. my dad runs a shop and hes a pretty good welder and said he could weld them for me...i just dont want any warpage and having my rotors smash into the blower if it warps :eek:

this is aluminum...right?

Back