Oil Pressure Sensor New Problem

rbrown

Scroll to the update below.

Ok my oil pressure gauge was getting a bit low so I thought I would change out the sending unit. $4.00

But I cannot get the old one off. I thought a 1" socket would do it but it broke the tip off. Now I have to fix. I really do not want to remove everything on the right side of the engine to get to this. Any insight?
Or is there a better size socket to get it off?

Last edited:
sorry I can't help you getting it off the engine because I did mine while the engine was out.

But just for an fyi, I bought a new sending unit that shows true oil pressure readings, and it costed me like $22.00 from ford.

good luck with replace it, I remember using metric to get it off.

My neighbor just picked me up a new deep 1" socket and it did not fit so I might have to take a run up to the store.

1-1/16 inch deep socket. Took 10 minutes to get the old one off (because I stripped it a bunch with the wrong socket) and 3 to get the new one on.

Last edited:
I used a giant set of pliers with the steering pump on and all the belts off.

Thiers a special socket for the oil pressure sensors, use a set of pliers if you cant find one. Just be careful to tighten the tube its attached to carefully when you fasten it back on and use teflon tape (wrapping it in a clockwise motion faceing the inlet hole of the sensor.)

Hope this helps.

*******Ok now I'm baffled. 2 sending units not working.*********

I thought maybe the AZ one was junk so I bought the Motorcraft today. No read. This was working befor I broke the old one off and had to replace.

Can I be asking for the incorrect part?

Last edited:
Nope. When they ask you if you have an electronic dash the answer is yes.
Twice I said you mean Digital. They said yes. I've never seen a digital dash in a SC. But that there are 2 kinds is weird too.

Back