Headers?

a0mqdzz

I am looking to do some bolt on mods for my 89. Which would give me a better HP increase. The mid length coated headers or long tube coated headers. I am also looking to put a raised top on the super chger.

in the long run, tuned full tube equal length headers will give you more power, but on a stock engine it probably won't be noticable. you really need to look at your goals, where do you want to be overall? one mod alone alone doesnt mount to much but when they work together you will notice some real gains! good luck with your project!

I would like to increase ponies by 100 while keeping the look stock as possible. I am thinking of pulling the engine and tranny this winter and making some mods, maybe to the heads as well. well see how it goes.

There are mods that can be done for use later.

I reccomend a a 255lph in tank pump, 5% jackshaft, underdrive pulleys and a full exhaust just to start...If you are going headers go full lenghts. Get a later model Tbird tank as you can run a cleaner better exhaust through it..

This will give you enough to start with

For just 100hp, leave the headers alone. Just port the stockers, good for well over 350 rwhp, and just a 100hp raise isn't gonna even come close to that.

Best bet to keep a stock appearance would be a cam and heads package with overdrive on the blower and a decent double intercooler.

Back