How many times have we seen this pattern?

89BlownBrd

How many times have we seen this pattern?

I can think of at least 3 times since I joined this board about a year and a half ago that we've gone through a pattern. It starts with Jim claiming that his SC is the best, and the fastest and quickest, and how he's going to break the record "any day now", then people jump on him for one (or is most cases both) of two reasons, number 1, they don't believe him, or number 2, they don't care. I remember hearing about how he was supposed to run last summer, then last fall, then this spring as soon as the track opened, and now it's August? How is anyone supposed to believe that? The next step is that he gets defensive and/or accusatory, saying that everyone is "just jealous", when, like it was pointed out in a previous post, most people don't care to run 11s. The next step is, of course, apologizing, and asking for forgiveness. He says that he's not going to respond to anymore posts on his threads, which is usually followed by at least 2 more post, reiterating that he's not going to post anymore (what exactly does Tony win for guessing it right???) [sarcasm]But maybe this time is different[/sarcasm] Now his whole deal with saying that he ordered a 2k3 Cobra (which was somewhat believable, except for the statement that he got a deal on it, when dealers were instructed not to sell them one cent below MSRP) is now replaced by the implausible idea that he bought a 2k Cobra R, which had been sitting in a dealership for 2 years without ever moving?!?!? Those were all spoken for before they ever made it to the showrooms, I'm pretty sure that one of them would have been just sitting on the showroom floor. And regardless of what list price is, if you had a 2k Cobra R with 0 miles on it, wouldn't you want a little more than $60k? I'd be asking more like 100. If he had gone out and run his car and broken the then record when he first said he was going to, I probably would have been impressed. As of right now, I really couldn't care less. Actually, I would care, because who knows how many posts we'd have to read about it, and one can only guess the new signature, stating how he is the King of the whole damn world. And before you go thinking it, Jim, I'm not jealous one bit. There are dozens of SCs I'd rather have then yours, namely George's SWB, Tom Champagne's 93 with something ridiculous like 30k on it, Mendola's 12 sec SC, along with countless others. I have a feeling that we'll be hearing the same "we're getting ready to make the record run" story for another year.
[/rant]

Re: How many times have we seen this pattern?

yeah, and how many times have we seen people post about this pattern :lol: ...not bashing u blownbird but seriously...didn't u ever see the episode of the simpsons where all the billboard characters coem to life, i think its a halloween special, anywaze they all go crazy and the only way to stop them is to stop looking....this is just one of them times...it is easy to see which they are i mean jimbo aint subtle when he does it...if u ever read gonna hti 11's by blah blah blah on a thread title...skip it, the more people psot the longer it stays on top...i swear jim will never stop posting cuz he is really into his sc and wants to show off, thats his thing, no matter how many times he posts ok i'll stop, he WONT...so just dont reply to those posts and eventually it will make its way into the last pages where only trolls and people looking for old topics dwell

al

You really think that if people stop reading his posts, he'll stop posting them?!?!?! He'll make up some alter ego to carry on conversations with......again.

Look at it this way

I am not going to post untill the car is ready
I HAVE HERD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did buy the Cobra R 2000 no:234 of the 300 that is a fact the Nor-Cal bunch will see it at Sears Point in June and I do want them to come see it in person I did buy it for $60.000 that is a fact!!!!! check with the dealer not hiding anything

I am on the Nor-Cal SVT club you have to have proof of owning the car before you can be a member I don't lie nor have I ever I did put $1000 down on a 2003 Cobra but decided to buy the Cobra R

So please do me a favor and not post this because it starts trouble as you know thank you

Re: Look at it this way

So please do me a favor and not post this because it starts trouble as you know thank you

haha, you're funny
pi_thumbsup.gif

Alright I ment do not post any ferther posts like this
I am one of you I put my pant's on the same as you do so give one of your own a break

I am one of you I put my pant's on the same as you do so give one of your own a break

So you out your pants on backwards while laying on your back with your legs high in the air too?? wow thought i was the only one. :)

I think Al said it best guys. (about the simpsons analogy) and of course this has been said about as many times as Jim has posted. like ying and yang, one can not be with out the other a symbient lifeforce if you will ( Starwars lol)

or we just drawn to it by morbid curiosty.

I don't think anyone is criticizing Jim's love of the SC or fast cars in general... what really bothers people is the way he expresses himself.

Instead of writing "I'm trying hard to be the fastest SC", he posts "I will be the fastest SC". Instead of posting "I'm trying to be the first 11 sec. SC", he states "I will be the first 11 sec. SC". These are just a couple of examples, but I think my point is made.

It has been said that Jim is a nice guy once you meet him, but most on here haven't so they can only judge him based on what he writes. His goals are honourable, but he comes across as somewhat arrogant and without humility. On the other hand, If we all recognize these facts then his posts become somewhat tame and even mildly humorous. Writing is a skill (like anything else) and it takes time to develop... plus (to his credit) Jim has come a long way from his "one long paragraph with no punctuation" days.

-------------

"I'm... gonna soak up the sun...
Gonna tell everyone to lighten up!"

-------------

93 Thunderbird SC auto

Since there have been 3 or 4 posts in the past 2 weeks relating to Jim and his posts I feel compelled to say a few things. A majority of you who criticize Jim and his "annoying" posts are not entirely free from BS posts yourselves! There are a number of you who have made dumbass posts and posted immature, irrelevant, annoying pictures. WHERE DO YOU GET OFF?!? Very seldom if ever have I seen Jim make a post that does not relate to SC's or at least cars. Very seldom have I ever seen Jim post a response to somone else's post calling names or making accusations. Very seldom have I seen a post of Jim's go without some form of negative comment. I am not saying Jim is without fault, God knows there have been posts he made where I just shook my head. What I am saying is GROW UP!! This is a bbs, he is not holding you in a corner forcing you to read his posts. Why do you give a @#%$ if what he posts is annoying or taunting or even way off base information? I guess on the positive side, you know your club has come a long way in car knowledge base and parts availability when this is the best crap someone can come up with to post! By the way, I do not care to hear about your justifications for why you feel some perverted need to respond to a JD post or create an all new one simply to slam him. If that, in some way, makes you feel better I will assure you I will not give the satisfaction of responding to all the BS that may follow. Let's concentrate on the club, the cars, and the people and allow all the other stuff to flow through the cracks.

You forgot the phase right before the apologies where he threatens to start a bloodbath, he threatens to show up at a meet and beat up everyone there, he tells a female SCCoA member that she better not show up at a meet he is at "If she knows what is good for her" I think his exact words to me on more than one occasion were "i will brick your neck im a martial arts badboy"

Jim has calmed down a lot and that pleases me, but there's still a lot of bad blood between him and quite a few people on this board, especially the ones Jim has threatened. I for one will never accept Jim, but I've learned to ignore his posts. However if he starts threatening my SCCoA friends again, I would have to step up to the plate... again...

What I am saying is GROW UP!!

I think this should be directed at the person at the center of this topic as well. 80% of the stuff I've read coming from Jim is either off the wall, immature or just BS.

another thing

One big reason for not believing the 2k Cobra R....does anybody else remember when he supposedly was going to sell the SC and go get a Saleen SR351???

I did buy the Cobra R 2000 no:234 of the 300 that is a fact the Nor-Cal bunch will see it at Sears Point in June and I do want them to come see it in person I did buy it for $60.000 that is a fact!!!!! check with the dealer not hiding anything
Post the VIN, then we will believe you....maybe!

Calvin

Calvin I will as soon as I get home
I will have all info and proof and put an end to this I don't belive you stuff what is the point of lying? why would I ?

Jim all I was saying was, just post some kind of prove....I could care less either way.....if you have one or not. That's what the majority of this post is requesting. I just took the short way in tell'n ya.

Cheers,
Calvin

Calvin I am going to make a new post on the Cobra look for it you will like it

what is the point of lying? why would I ?

What?? Jim lie??? NEVER!!! I know that wasn't him making up all those aliases and having conversations with himself. You wouldn't lie?? If you were Pinnochio, I'd be able to see your nose here in Indiana.

Back