NGK-7316 or APP2544?

rickbtbird

What you guys using on your street birds?

I got a 95 5speed. Thee years ago I put in the Autolites APP2544 plugs in my 90 and when I did the blower pulley upgrade to a 10% the car had a fowling problem. Not sure if the plugs were the root cause but (amoung other things)I did change them to the NGK-7316 last summer. So far I've been impressed. This summer I got a 95 and like an idiot I had someone else do the plugs on it. This (SO CALLED) expert put in two different types of plugs, both were wrong. I just pulled them as I'm doing some mounts and exhaust upgrades in my driveway. I've ended with 4 AP2545 and 2 AP5245! Best I can tell the AP2545's go into an N/A 3.8 and the AP5245 are mostly used by GM motors.

Last edited:
Of those two plugs I prefer the NGK Iriduims, but for the past year or so I've been using Denso IT-20s and they seem to be working better than NGKs did.

David

I also prefer the NGK's. I used to run the 7316's but have now gone one heat range colder and run the TR6-IX with excellent results. I had tried the Denso IT22 but they were too cold and fouled.

hey, sorry if this is off the subject, can someone explain to me the difference between a stock double platinum and a COLDER RANGE one... what does it mean by going with a colder plug? does it actually stay colder? or is there something i am missing... sorry if it sounds dumb, never understood it...

Back