brakes

NightMare3.8

hey everyone ive tried to search for this similar problem but didnt really find anything that helped out...it just left me confused. My abs and ebrake lights wont go off unless the car is off, the pedals ARE NOT HARD...so that should take car of accumulator and the motor right..? i pulled the fuse for the motor and the pedals went hard as a rock..put the fuse in and it was back to normal. when im at a stop i can hear the antilock working when i slightly let off the brakes but when i slam on them all it does is lock up and i leave big bald spots on my tires... can someone please help me im getting really POD with this whole brake issue...Thanks in advance..

Its a 90 auto. and i also have no clue where to find the relay or the switch....

alright i checked it and after i started the car i got out to open the hood and checked the level...its at the very tip of the arrow that says fill with charged accumulator...is this normal or not...im alone at home tonight so its hard to have someone apply the brakes while i check it..or is there someother way?? sorry im a bit of a tard at this stuff...

so why do the brakes lock up tho...the anti lock doesnt even kick in when i stomp on the brakes...but i can feel it grabing when im at a stop and ease off the brakes( do u know what i mean...i feel like im not explaining it right haha)

alright thanks..where is the sensor exactly i dont want to pull the wrong thing..the reason im so conserned with this issue is because i got in a near fatal accident from having no brakes in my old cutlass 3.8

Plug it back in and see if the light comes back on. Also check to make sure that the ebrake is not causing the red brake light. Do the lights come on at start up or do you have to move first?

Where are you located? maybe someone close to you could help you to diag. this problem. There are several things that could be wrong. I would check all of your wire connections, including the relay and make sure that they are clean and tight.

i live in yankton south dakota. ill check everything out but i cant find the relay...could you tell me how to find it and what to do with it...thanks alot

The relay is under the hood, on the passenger side at the firewall along with 2 other relays. It should be the one closest to the motor.

alright and what would i do to check this...sorry im so stupid when it comes to this but my dad isnt here to help right now

Back