Nitrous..Wet Dry??????

XxSlowpokexX

Well I dont need so much help with wet kit jetting however I am curious as to what peoples experiences have been with the NOS dry kit and what jet sizes were used. I have never used a dry kit on anything but a stock injectored 5.0 mustang so my experience as far as how larger injectors or the motor being a v6 effects these jet changes is nill..I'd rather ask then experiment.

Thanks guys/gals

Damon

I have a NOS dry kit. It's being injected basically right beside the ACT, this way the EEC is not pulling timing based on lower temps.

I've modified the t fitting that comes with the kit so that I can actually change the jet for the fuel side of things. If you'd like, I can probably snap a couple pics if you want to do the same.

So far all I've used is a 35 hp (28 N20/42 Fuel), but I do have the jetting for everything up to 75hp. I am currently using 38lb lucas injectors, 255lph fuel pump, with a 75mm MAFS, and a diablo sport chip (more mods than that, but check out profile for more info). No timing was pulled for the nitrous shot. I ran a 13.58 @ 99.76MPH.

I did log the runs, it's right around the 10-10.5 mark. I'd like to keep it there as seeing 12psi and using nitrous....well, you get the point.

Are you using the microswitch for WOT and where did you mount it.

I bought a kit off a guy with a 5.0 Mustang. NOS 05115 dry kit with a 75 hp jet in it. I can't figure out how to mount the microswitch. It's on a bracket that was fit for the 5.0 and I know the TB's are similar but I can't get it to work on my car without hitting the TV cable linkage.

I will probably just buy the ZEX TPS voltage switch.

I have used an electronic WOT switch originally designed for use on newer mustangs, but it works really well with a snip of a couple wires. That and a window switch.

I was at the dyno today, and the motor made 235.4HP/296.5ft lbs, and with a 50HP shot it did 279.6HP/392ft lbs. You decide wether or not it's worth it.

I do caution whoever wants to use nitrous, the first time you do use it....be sure you're in a controlled environment and have a definite way to log air/fuel ratio. Be sure that it's safe. I kept mine at 11.0:1. I know there are going to be different opinions out there about what is safe, but this is mine.

I plan on using it when I get the car tuned so all should be well..Havnt decieded on wet or dry kit as of yet however... and I have both sitting here waiting..

Mayeb some more poeple will chime in

I have a compucar wet kit i put on my car..with the WOT switch bolted to a small bracket that boted to the bracket for the TV/throttle cables and it worked fine.As far as being safe,definately be able to monitor your A/F ratio.My car had a few mods,exh,TB,MAF,pulley.But i can say if you have stock internals dont go real big on the shot..It will handle a 125 shot,not sure exactly how long but spayed 2 bottles at 125 shot through it..But it definatly didnt like a 150 shot:D being it broke one rod into and broke a rod bolt on another LOL...But hey someone has to find these things limits;) I would stick to maybe a 50 or 75 shot..My car did see a 8.56 w/1.9 60ft the pass before it broke

Damon check out the Zex kit. I have been running a 100 shot for a little while now and havent had any problems.

I have a 75-125 hp. wet kit I have not put on yet. I plan on using it at 75hp. Better safe than sorry.:eek:

I have a compucar wet kit i put on my car..with the WOT switch bolted to a small bracket that boted to the bracket for the TV/throttle cables and it worked fine.As far as being safe,definately be able to monitor your A/F ratio.My car had a few mods,exh,TB,MAF,pulley.But i can say if you have stock internals dont go real big on the shot..It will handle a 125 shot,not sure exactly how long but spayed 2 bottles at 125 shot through it..But it definatly didnt like a 150 shot:D being it broke one rod into and broke a rod bolt on another LOL...But hey someone has to find these things limits;) I would stick to maybe a 50 or 75 shot..My car did see a 8.56 w/1.9 60ft the pass before it broke

got any pics of the way the bracket is mounted?

My car runs really rich right now so I think it should be safe to spray the 75 shot in the spring when I get some drag radials. Hoping for low 13's.

Back