gas ryder shocks?

sabre81

gas ryder shocks any good? URGENT

i need shocks bad, shox.com is out. how are the gas ryder from autozone?

Last edited:
I don't know about those but I would shy away from the Tokico Illumina II's.
I 've had them on my car for about a year now and i'm already starting to feel a little float from the front shocks. A little to soft for me.

I would go with the Koni manually adjustable shocks. Never had them but they are highly recommended.

Yes, the Koni's are expensive but the work very well. You can adjust the fronts and rears to whatever stiffness you like. Comes in handy when you are going down the 1/4 mile and you need to set the rear very firm and soften up the fronts......or at least so i've been told.

My car is lowered and I recently replaced the rears shocks with a stock one and it feels fine. Like I said though...I personally would not go with the Tokoco's again.

I'll second what Steve had to say. The Tokico Illumina 2s on my car started getting floaty after about 50, 000 miles or so. I've put Konis on the back for now, since they're easy to change, and the rears were getting worse than the fronts. I'll do the fronts in the winter time.

When you talk about Gas Ryders, is that Gabriel shocks you're speaking of ? Remember, anything other than the Tokico stock replacement or Illumina 2s will not go with your firm-ride system. Price some stock replacement shocks, maybe they're not much more than the Gas Ryders. And I'm sure that they would offer better ride and handling than the generic parts store shocks as well. You have a nice performing car, it's worth spending a bit more money on things like shocks and tires to get the most out of the SC Bird, IMHO.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back