Exhaust ??

crich

Before some of ya'll jump on me, yes I did a forum search on this question and got to many pages to sort through:D

I want to open up the exhaust and need some opinions. Due to emmissions here I'll have to go with some high flow cats but am undecided on the resonator....if i go without the resonator how loud will it be inside the car?

When I bought my bird the guy who had it before me made his own 3" straight pipe exhaust and he only had a muffler on it which was back in the middle of the car. It's loud without a resonator but I like making everyone around me turn their heads in disgust :p

Not horribly bad from inside the car, some might not like it.

Before some of ya'll jump on me, yes I did a forum search on this question and got to many pages to sort through:D

I want to open up the exhaust and need some opinions. Due to emmissions here I'll have to go with some high flow cats but am undecided on the resonator....if i go without the resonator how loud will it be inside the car?

You wont like it. Biggest problem with exhaust is our V6s dont have that rumble like a V8 They, most of the time have a loud dronning sound that will drive you crazy. I tried many things but settled for a dual 21/2 inch in 3" out resonator, 3" center pipe, split in the back down to 21/2 mufflers and tail pipes. I have since upgraded the down tubes and installed headers. It is not loud and does not have the buzzy drone. I ditched cats as we dont have any inspections here in Nebraska.

I went without a resonator for a few weeks and hated it. I now run stock cats, a Magnaflow resonator, and no mufflers. I like it much better than no resonator and Flowmaster mufflers.

Check the videos in my signature.High flow cats 2.5'' dual into 3''single and back to 2.5'' dual with only one muffler in place of resonator,no back mufflers.It's kind of quiet at idle at pretty loud at WOT.

Last edited:
Derek,
Yours sounds a heck of alot better than mine. I have no resonator/muffler (bought it that way) and hate the drone that it produces. At idle it sounds nice, but driving on the highway is :(.

Back