heater core big prob

92sclikenew

how do u take it out and change it cuz my is leaking like h*e*ll and i cant drive it i have 1 on order i will have it in 2 days i was told u have 2 take the dash out 2 get 2 it my car is a 92 sc what is involved in changing the heater core on 1 of these cars cuz i hope i dont have 2 take the dash out

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only way I know of to do it is to pull the dash out, maybe someone else has figured an easier way but I havent. I believe book hours on that job is around 9 hrs if you take it to a shop, I have gotten it down to about 5 1/2.

S

god damn i hate u lol just kiddin damn man yea ill do it my self is the dash hard 2 get out and 2 get the lines off do u have 2 take the blower off

another ? anybody have like a spreed out pic of taking this apart like an shop manuel so i can find all screw loctions i cant think of what u would call this sorry but if u understand me please help

I believe there is a way to do it without completely removing the dash, but on all of the ones that I have done that is what I did. Check this post that I wrote up a few years ago. It is for the newer style dash, but it should be pretty close to yours.

i have a manual

i am pretty sure i have a manual for a 89-93 thunderbird cougar from chilton but they are not the best people to work off of it you want it just pay shipping on it and its all yours just pm me

cody

same thing happened to me 1 month ago

i bypassed it. its never that cold here in cali...and i never used the heater anyways...but things might be different for you in mich...good luck:D

probably takes a whole day if you havent done it before.

Had to pull the dash in mine... a days worth of work.... I have a shop manual from ford... Send me your email & I'll scan the pages you need... All in all though if you just pay attention & think it all thru, you'll see/find all the bolts ect that you need to remove

Back