Massive Blow By

isaac

I need help
I have a stock 91 sc with 130000miles on it and it has a severe case of blow by, when i go to wot it will blow the dipstick up and blow oil all over
It does not smoke at all, spark plugs look good and it runs great.
Any help would be good!
Thanks

You should have a leak down check performed on all cylinders.....

I am in the process of doing the same thing to my 93.....

massive blow by

That task will be tough unless you have rubber arms!
I was hoping for a response like check intake gaskets or something
Leak down will be hard to preform on this engine.

Blowby

I had a similar problem on a Rabbit i used to own. Go ahead and laugh but that thing could go all day on a dollars worth of gas.
It was a clogged Catalytic converter.
I had been hearing a noise for a month or so that i couldn't figure out. kind of like something rolling around under the car. The it started blowing oil out everywhere, and i mean everywhere... dipstick, valve cover, pvc valve, everywhere.
A friend told me to drop the exhaust before the cat and try and run it. It ran great.
So what ended up happening was the inside part of the cat, had come away from the sides and wore itself into a ball and was rolling around it side the housing... and that was the sound i was hearing. And it had finally wedged itself blocking the exhaust.
Put a new cat on cleaned up the motor tightened a few things down and drove it another 130 thousand miles.
so if one or both of your cats a clogged you can get the gas exhaust out and it has to go somewhere. it will take the path of least resistance.

Tony

Last edited:
I had the samr thing. It was a lifter hanging uo. Sounds wierd but that was the problem. New lifters no more blowby.:D

Back