performance parts

sendo

bought some performance parts and now ran out of money but have a lot of time left.my question is would it be ok to put these parts on now and run the car until i get some more money to buy the rest of the parts?

MP 3/4 raised top- with a stock intercooler?

MP Inlet Plenum- with a stock tb and intake?

255 LPH fuel pump- with stock injectors?

going on a 95 sc/auto
thanks Sendo

These parts are like "in between parts" that are necessary for other upgrades. You will not see any additional power from the 255 pump (lest yours is shot), nor the inlet. You may see a gain from the raised top though. Before you go too crazy with boost, if you have not upgraded your exhaust, you should do so. If not...the HG gods will come and get you.

Chris

well I was'nt expecting any hp gain, just now I am off work and have time to put this stuff on and wanted to know if it will be ok. right now I have stock exhaust manifolds and cats going to true duel all the way back to some flowmasters. is that good enough for the added top? if not the top can wait it dosn't seem like it will take too long to swap. the main one is the mp intake pleum, that looks like a days work. so does the fuel pump

I disagree.

I think the MP inlet plenum is one of the best upgrades you can do even on a stock SC. I have seen no dyno proven gain for a raised top.

You will love the inlet it really lets the SC breathe. I think it was the best mod I have done for my car.

bought some performance parts and now ran out of money but have a lot of time left.my question is would it be ok to put these parts on now and run the car until i get some more money to buy the rest of the parts?

MP 3/4 raised top- with a stock intercooler?

MP Inlet Plenum- with a stock tb and intake?

255 LPH fuel pump- with stock injectors?

going on a 95 sc/auto
thanks Sendo

I wouldn't mess with any intake upgrades until you have opened up the exhaust otherwise you make be doing a head gasket too.

well I was'nt expecting any hp gain, just now I am off work and have time to put this stuff on and wanted to know if it will be ok. right now I have stock exhaust manifolds and cats going to true duel all the way back to some flowmasters. is that good enough for the added top? if not the top can wait it dosn't seem like it will take too long to swap. the main one is the mp intake pleum, that looks like a days work. so does the fuel pump

Yes it will be okay to install those parts.

David

Yes you can use stock TB with it..The whole raised top thing much like headers has been widely debated...Some people claim HP and TQ increases..Others say waste of money...

All of thee parts you cna install now however..And I wouldnt be suprised if you did notice a gain in power

A raised top is not a waste of money. However, if you aren't generating a lot of boost in the first place it won't make much if any difference. The stock top creates an artificial pressure spike in the system. I measured 21psi in my stock top while measuring only 14psi at the motor. So what that means is I was forcing the blower to work against a 21psi pressure head (and the heat that goes with it) while only getting the benefit of 14psi. Going to a raised top equalized that pressure differential.

Because each SC has different airflow needs and different boost capability it is impossible to quantify the benefits of a raised top in terms of a specific HP number. A raised top will allow you to run more boost with the same ACT's and therefore allows you to make more power with the same parts. I don't see a raised top as a power adder, but a properly designed and matched system works well as I pointed out in another current thread. :)

Back