ok got the dash out not time for the heater box

The nuts for the heater box are inside the engine compartment ( the ones with the big flanges ) .. but you cant take that out without removing the AC lines.
You should be able to get the heater core out without removing the box .. there should be a lid that you can pry up, may have 2 small bolts ( in the case of a mustang I worked on, break it off ) .. its been a while since I had to do a heater core on a Tbird.

- Dan

so i dont have 2 take the heater box out which means i dont need 2 take them bolts out in the engine compartment then right

And the other recommendation is to do all your research before you start a project so you know what to do. Coming on here begging for help, then making a remark 15 minuntes later cause know one has answered you isn't going to get you too far as everyone has a life outside these forums and do not spend 24/7 sitting in front of the computer.

When you add a reply to a post it will automatically put it back to the top. These guys/girls here for the most part are an excellent bunch and will bend over backwards to help you out when in need.
I have posted here and had to wait a day or two at times for an answer, mainly because the ones that seen the post didnt know and thequestion had to wait for someone who did for an answer.
This really isnt a good place to piss the members off as you will really get ignored then.
Be patient and your answers will come.

S

Hers a c&p as you already have the dash out this should tell you what yo need

Heater Core

Removal

1. Remove instrument panel and lay it on the front seat.
2. Remove evaporator case assembly as outlined.

3. Remove four heater core access cover retaining screws, and remove the access cover from the evaporator case.

Heater Core Removal

4. Remove the tube seal from the heater core tubes.

5. Slide heater core and seals from the evaporator case.

Installation

1. Install the heater core in the evaporator case with the tube seal on the outside of the case.

2. Position the heater core access cover on the evaporator case. Install the four retaining screws.

3. Install evaporator case assembly into vehicle as outlined.

Last edited:
Whew.. Well, I've done all this stuff before.

The problem with pulling the case is you have to disconnect the A/C lines and that mean you loose your A/C charge ($$ + time to fix).

I would advise that if you can open the evap case slightly, its a lot better than having to pull it off the firewall. What that means though, it you have to pry the case halves apart and then glue/fasten it back together. I did this by first using a black RTV sealant around the edges and then drilling small holes and inserting small sheet metal screws. :cool:

If you get the dash out of the way, it might be possible to work the heater core out by reaching in the main duct after disconnecting the hoses in the engine compartment.

Oh, and even if he can't type, 92sclikenew did say please to start with. ;)

thanks for the help guys i got the car back on the road and put togethere wasnt as hard as i thought it would have been

Back