opening a blower for porting

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to say, but no you don't have to buy and seals or anything to put it back together. Just some RTV to prevent case leakage and seal the top.

lol what 1 is it
i sayin like im goin 2 do a lil outlet porting on my blower and i an goin 2 have 2 open it up will i have 2 buy any seals 2 put it back 2gether i not sayin the top seal or the inlet the blower itself

There are no seals to purchase. However, a little RTV is a good idea. You will notice a sealant on the mating surfaces of at least the blower top to the blower. I don't recall whether or not there was any on the inlet from the TB or not.

Having the blower apart is a good time to replace all the bearings. It's easy to do but I would definitely suggest a good bearing press rather that the freeze parts/heat others method often suggested.

If you haven't already installed a raised blower top I would do so before porting the blower intake. You probably won't see much gain by porting the intake if the outlet is still restricted and all that intake air has nowhere to go.

will i have 2 pull the pulley off 2 take the snout bolts out and pull it apart

No....

But if you are going that far into the blower, you should go ahead and change out the snout seal.....

Use a 3 jaw puller if you have an aluminum pulley....

can anyone else back up that you wont need 2 buy any thing when opening a blower long as ther is no leaks or nosie

can anyone else back up that you wont need 2 buy any thing when opening a blower long as ther is no leaks or nosie

You will also need about 7 oz. of supercharger oil. GM dealers sell the 4 oz bottles or you can go to your nearest small airport and buy quart of jet/turbine oil BP2380 or equal.

David

If you do not have the spanner wrench to remove the nut on the upper tube and you remove the whole tube (intercooler to sc) you will need to re-seal the conection at the intercooler. Get the reusable seals from Wynn. His website was www.texasthunderbirds.com. It is not up and running now. Maybe someone can comment on how to get ahold of him now.

Back