Idle Question (New SC Owner)

obgod3

So I got the SC for my son, yeh aint he lucky, hopes he knows it. His friends say it looks old, they dont get it. :p

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83876

I know this has been covered a lot and I dont want to start a long thread but a lot of the threads get me confused, I dont know squat about this car.

Anyway, today I noticed only once a bit of an idle issue, got back in the car after driving to the DMV and it started hard and the idle was rough, couple kicks of the gas and it was ok. Now the car idles fine normally and this was the only time during the day. It idles at somewhere around 600 rpm and starts well other than this one time. OK the only wierd thing was I could smell fuel a few times while driving it, once when stopped.

Again let me say so far this is an isolated incident but wanted to see what folks had to say.

Thanks

Mark

If I were in your shoes I'd hook up with some of your new friends locally and let them give you an education.

Looks like a nice car, but if you don't get on top of it it could bite you in the wallet. You really need to learn about the pros & cons and get ready to take care of things on a 17 year old car.

If I were in your shoes I'd hook up with some of your new friends locally and let them give you an education.

Looks like a nice car, but if you don't get on top of it it could bite you in the wallet. You really need to learn about the pros & cons and get ready to take care of things on a 17 year old car.

Yeh it is weird because after driving it for a couple days this issue has disappeared completly.

And yes I have already been in contact with some folks locally and the local T-Bird Club.

Thanks

Regular maintinance is key with these cars. On the safe side if you dont know when the last time they were replaced then its safe to say that the fuel filter needs changed, maybe throw some fuel additive in the tank, do a tune-up on it, and clean out the throttle body with TB cleaner. All these things are cheap and easy to do (spark plugs and wires can be hard for first timers). Start there and see how it runs after that. You say that the issue has gone away now so if you want to hold off then you can.

Shane

Back