ok this might be a dumb ?

Dude,

Everyone may ask a question or two that has been asked many times. They might get a reply....they might not. But you have placed 6 threads all on the first page, 3 are unaswered. All because it could have been answered by 300 threads using the search tool.

Do a search you will find you can not bore out the stock MAF. You can however remove the post but it has not been proven to provide sufficient gain if any.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16587&highlight=porting+MAF

Last edited:
i do searchs all the time i must not world it right or find the right things im lookin for and is it that hard for some one to post what to do damn

i do searchs all the time i must not world it right or find the right things im lookin for and is it that hard for some one to post what to do damn

Not busting your balls, I have the same problem. Sometimes you have to do a search in both tech and non-tech. There is a lot of tech in the non-tech forum.

Yeah, and now things have got to the point that you have to weed through 75% of the posts that come up on a search as those posts have "do a search" posts like dahoopd's so its pretty pointless now to bother doing a search anymore :cool:

Yeah, and now things have got to the point that you have to weed through 75% of the posts that come up on a search as those posts have "do a search" posts like dahoopd's so its pretty pointless now to bother doing a search anymore :cool:

Your incorrect! Dahoopd's has a link with some of the info 92sclikenew was looking for. So no its not like the others. I did a quick search for him and added the link. At least I took the time to answer and provide a link. So dont place me in the same cetegory. Have you added anything to this thread or simply make it one reply longer to search through?

Everyone may ask a question or two that has been asked many times. They might get a reply....they might not. But you have placed 6 threads all on the first page, 3 are unaswered. All because it could have been answered by 300 threads using the search tool.

haha ^^^i agree with DAHOOPD on this one. if ppl searched b4 starting a thread there be like 40% less threads out there. i've learned just as much information, if not more, by just searching. its time consuming and tideous to answer the same question 100 times. so search...;)

Last edited:
Do a search you will find you can not bore out the stock MAF. You can however remove the post but it has not been proven to provide sufficient gain if any.

Only the 94/95' SC's have the post. It's been done but not recommended because the A/F ratio will change with this mod.

uh, no not really, mine is a '91 and it has the post. i believe any sc past mid-91 has the same MAF sensor. my rangeris a early '91 and it has the small one with no post, but i agree- no gain regardless, buy a c&l.

My 90 had a 55mm MAF stock w/ screen. My 92 had a 70mm stock w/ post. I don't know if it changed in 91 or 92. If your 91 had it, then 91 must be the changeover year. Look at the part number on the sensor it will have a 55 on it or a 70 on it at the bottom. Thats the diameter it's calibrated to from ford. I have a 70mm housing on my 90 now, but the electronics still says 55.

I don't know why ford did this. I noticed slightly better pull above 3000 rpm when swapping from 55mm to 70mm MAF. I got one off a 95 SC which may be the cause of my rich condition if it's sampled for larger injectors. I just thought of that. I know they have a hole drilled in them for the air to flow over the little wire. Maybe the 95 one which had 36 lb injectors is asking for more fuel? I don't know. I didn't swap the electronics over, just the housing. Screw it I need a tune next season.

Hey guys be nice. When I first started posting it was really new to me. Lets be friendly. To promote, remember. New guy all I can tell you is look around a lot ask questions and dont pay attention to the grouches. There are a lot of sources for aftermarket parts. I support the vendors that support the shootout. Dave Dalke sells parts ,tunes engines, builds cars you name it. Bill Evanoff is a great guy sell parts and is honest as the day is long. Dalke is a grouch and is the smartest man I know when it comes to these cars, he is also a great friend. David Neibert is the man great guy and willing to share all kinds of information. just be respectfull, we are a family here.

haha ^^^i agree with DAHOOPD on this one. if ppl searched b4 starting a thread there be like 40% less threads out there. i've learned just as much information, if not more, by just searching. its time consuming and tideous to answer the same question 100 times. so search...;)

LOL! don't be telling me to do a search... I do it all the time before I ask a question, thats why you will rarely see me post a question.... but as I said, someone posts a question and they get told off and do a search, then when I search, 75% of the posts are about the guy getting told off to do a search.....

So instead of wasting my breath telling someone to do a search, I'll give them the answer if I can anyway.

on 30 lbs injectors you can cut out the center post to just under the tube .

drill out tube 15.32s this will compansate for the air flow I ran this setup on my sc the fuel curve was right on it now when i went to 36s it was a little rich and 38s was rich.

now im going to a after market mass because im going to put in 42 lbs injecters and its a pain trying to figure out the sample size on a hade ported mass/maf now if ya port a stock maf and dont drill out the tube to 15/32 s and or dont leave off the backing plate it will run lean.

Well what did your guys do. My car is a 92 ,Do you have a pic so i can see what has been done. Was ther any dyno gains.

Back