Im trying to find a good article on removing the Super charger from my 1990

biffteed

ANyone know of a site or link to an article of directions to remove the supercharger from my car!! Its for a class project and I want to take it apart. I wanted to clean it out and put new seals on it anyway so I might as well use it as my project!! thanks!!

Remove the 4 bolts holding the SC top to the blower,Remove the 2 nuts holding the upper IC tube to the intercooler, remove the upper pipe with the top attached,Remove the 3 bolts holding the blower to the upper intake manifold (1 on each side 1 in front), Remove the SC belt, Remove the 4 bolts holding the throttle body to the inlet plenum, Remove the IAC sensor from the TB, remove the vacuum lines from the back of the inlet plenum and the EGR if your car has one, Then you should be able to lift it right out of there along with the inlet plenum attached.

Last edited:
Like he said, it's very simple. Takes me about 10 minutes to pull the supercharger off. I just yank the throttle body off too, unplug the TPS and IAC sensors, remove the intake tube, loosen the bypass hose clamp on the back of the blower, remove the top and tube together, 3 main bolts hold it down, two small on each side one large one through the snout. Pull the belt off, and then unhook the vac hoses.

Back