GEV V M90 in SC

XxSlowpokexX

ALLEN ENGINE DEVELOPEMENT makes a special supercharger casing to use a GEN V M90 with thier M90 (GEN III) based SC kits....I been wondering if that case can be used in out application as it would be a big improvement over what we have now..Or would it just be sim to an MPIII in performance?..Any ideas out there?

Its probably the same or similar "Gen V" upgrade the GTP guys use. It was used OEM on 2004+ GM supercharged 3800's.

I'd venture to guess the MP-III with coated rotors would blow the socks off any unported "Gen V"

Somewhere over on clubgp.com they compared the Gen III to the Gen V with pics. The reason its so big of a deal with the GTP guys is because their Gen III blowers (same port design as 94-95 supercoupe) cannot be ported as big on the inlet due to lack of material. That's why the redesigned gen V is so desirable. Since we have a seperate throttle body plenum available (MP inlet plenum) we don't have that limitation.

In a nutshell, Gen V = good for GTP, but SC = already have something better.

Jeramie

I guess Allen used up all the new gen3 M90's and needs to use the GenV stuff. GenV snouts and rotorpacks have the M112 bolt pattern. They also have the 03 Cobra rotor coating.

Here's a GenV... not sure what to do with it....
DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

Back