changing the fuel filter

92sclikenew

Ok i know were its at but what is the fitting tool called (its the same fitting like the fuel rail) what are these tools called and what size is it if anybody knowns.

I also have a 92 sc, and I did not need the special tool for mine. All I had to do was pop a screw driver in the front of the clips and pop them out.

The new fuel filter I got came with new clips too, so I didnt take to much care in removing them. I do know that some year SC's needed the tool, but if yours is like mine, which it should be, then a screwdriver will work just fine.

Mike

ok thanks ... i had a 93 lx befor and i got a fuel filter for it and went to put it on and had to have the tool and this is the same filter. um i will be able to use it right

The tool you need is called a "Fuel line and A/C spring lock disconnect tool".
My '92 needs this tool to disconnect one end of the filter only. The other end has the U-shaped plastic clip. I haven't had success with the expensive metal tool. I just use a cheap $3 plastic set which has a number of sizes in it.

$3 at the flea market or $10 for an identical set at the auto parts store. I bought both sets a few years ago.

Back