Which blower!??

Sampo

I can't decide what blower would be the best for my SC.

- Ported '94-'95 style Eaton ( New! )

- MP II

- MP III

- ?

You can see my current mods at the member page.

Still I will have also the ported heads, the ported intake manifold and a new camshaft. And of course I will tune the car.

My goal is under 14's and near 300 rwhp.

Everyone here will ask you what are your long term goals for power. Will 300 be enough? You will probably open a can of worms here as some guys are real stuck on one type or another blower. Ported 94/95 blower or mag 11 will get you 300 with cam and heads. If you get the Hp fever that runs rampant through this club you will want to get the Mag 111 or something even better and later when your goals go to 350 or more you wont have to upgrade. Be honest with yourself and set a goal that you feel wont change 6 months from now. My goal at one time was 300 too. Now I think closer to 400 RWHP is doable once all my Mods are done. and yes I have to upgrade some of my mods because my goal didnt remain the same. Do it right the first time. I'll climb off my pedestal now:rolleyes:

Ken

Last edited:
Everyone here will ask you what are your long term goals for power. Will 300 be enough? You will probably open a can of worms here as some guys are real stuck on one type or another blower. Ported 94/95 blower or mag 11 will get you 300 with cam and heads. If you get the Hp fever that runs rampant through this club you will want to get the Mag 111 or something even better and later when your goals go to 350 or more you wont have to upgrade. Be honest with yourself and set a goal that you feel wont change 6 months from now. My goal at one time was 300 too. Now I think closer to 400 RWHP is doable once all my Mods are done. and yes I have to upgrade some of my mods because my goal didnt remain the same. Do it right the first time. I'll climb off my pedestal now:rolleyes:

Ken

I quess you're right...;)

It should be wise to set the final goal...

Then it would be high 12's and near 400rwhp. But I already know that I have to change some current performance parts to achieve those numbers.

Then it would be high 12's and near 400rwhp. But I already know that I have to change some current performance parts to achieve those numbers.

If your goal is more along the same as mine than you need a good blower. Top of the line would be the AR but I dont beleive it is a kit anymore. PM Dave Dalke and ask him. The M112 is another choice but very few people are running them, but they could be more popular in the future. MP111 can be had from several distributers. If you upgrade injectors think bigger like 50s or 60s. Size your mods to be able to run up to 400 RWHP. Do it once, its cheaper in the long run

Ken

The problem with the MPIII is the fact that you have to over-drive the piss out of it to get significant gains. For a 400rwhp car, I'd say an MPII would be more than enough. Hell, even a stock blower with a big shot of nitrous should put the car well into the 12s.

I don't know if I'd call what you do with the MPIII as overdriving. It's just driving it.

For bolt on power, the AR and possibly the MPIII seem untouchable. If you do the heads and a cam, you may hit your modest goals with a good late model M90.

If an AR is out of the question, then the MPIII is the most beneficial to go with. Even though you might have to drive the MPIII more to get better numbers, a blower with the higher potential opens you up for future goals.

If your goal is to run only a high 12 second 1/4 mile the first thing you need to realize is that is that it won't require 400 hp to do it. Since you already have a late model blower all you need to do is port it and install an MP inlet along with the ported heads and cam and you should be at or beyond your goal. However if you feel the need to spend money and can't live without a new blower my personal choice would be the AR, and if things go as planned that is exactly what I will have in a few months.

Charles

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd call what you do with the MPIII as overdriving. It's just driving it. QUOTE]

That's my problem with it. It's being spun too much. That can't be good for long term reliability. Considering Sampo's in Europe, I'd definitely suggest something easier to replicate (machining wise) and something with a known track record. I'd say MPI or S-port.

If your goal is to run only a high 12 second 1/4 mile the first thing you need to realize is that is that it won't require 400 hp to do it.
Charles

Yes, I know it. My concern is the rear wheels. How will I get enough traction? I quess I have to practise the launching....and get the good tires!!:eek:

And I don't have to get a new blower if the late model will be enough to reach my goal. When I have reached 12's and that won't satisfy me then I can think about again the blower options...

Last edited:
Will the #42 injectors be enough...? No...I will need #50 or #60, right!?

I have the brand new #42 injectors waiting for installing...:(

I won't say for sure that you can run high 12's with #42 injectors with your car but I believe that they will be enough. If it had been me I would have bought bigger injectors but since you already have the #42's you may as well go ahead and use them.

Charles

42's will be plenty at a high 12 second power level. 340rwhp, I think, is whenever they start "maxing out."

Well I am running out of 42 lbs. injectors at a high 12. But from what i understand every car is differant.

Back