profomace upgrades

92sclikenew

ok what would every one on here say is next in a stock sc profomace upgrades after the exhuast is free flowing and the car already has a cone filter on it..

ok what would every one on here say is next in a stock sc profomace upgrades after the exhuast is free flowing and the car already has a cone filter on it..

Most people would go with the 5% pulley. When you do the exaust you usually lose a couple of lbs of boost. You will gain it back with 5%

Ken

If you have an early model blower, coated rotors out of a gtp are a super idea. Insulating the lower IC tube is always a good idea too, dont use anything that soaks up oil or is really flammable.

I would recommend an aluminum 5% Jackshaft pulley. The advantage is that you get to reduce rotating mass of the jackshaft which in return translates to more power to the rear wheels plus the 5% of the blower overdrive. Also a good mod is to install an IC fan (which is about $100) which helps the IC from staying heat soaked from those petal to the metal runs....
Good Luck
:cool:

Well, good exhaust is one of the most responsive mods. Make sure you get rid of the stock downtubes atleast. Underdrive pullies is something that I would do whenever I start running out of bolt ons. My car still has the stock pulley set.

A 5% pulley, better intercooler, porting the blower, or just a better blower as a whole are good modifications to start out with. The most helpful modifications are an oversized valve, ported set of cylinder heads and a cam.

Modifications that don't enhance performance for their worth are underdrive pullies, throttle bodies, MAFs, and blower tops.

I have a K&N cone, home-made intake tube, IC fan gutted cats and a 5% alluminum SC pulley also the low speed fan mod... and noticed a HUGE diffrence over stock..

Back