Need to get it running...

acb92sc

Heres the scoop- I have my 89 pretty tore apart. No accessories except for the jackshaft and sc are hooked up, no radiator, etc. I am in the process of installing a FMIC, but dont have the funds or means with the upcoming weather to complete it until spring. Can i temporarily hook my sc to my inlet plenum with something like flex pipe to be able to start it and move it onto the trailer and into the garage where its being stored?

Attachments

• PB280180.JPG
    PB280180.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 87
Basically you are just bypassing the intercooler, so what you want is possible. Just make very sure you have no air leaks or it may not even run.
Alternatively, I would just connect up the stock intercooler and tubes. Since you won't be driving you dont need to secure it. If you have Wynn's (tbird88) gaskets it's easy. John

what about opening the bypass valve and pulling the timing? there is that little plug in the wiring on the front right of the motor, right?

how long do you need it to run for and really i dont think that will work because where the bottom tube connects is cut off maybe if it was sealed it might . but im not the guy to ask .

What type of flex tube are you thinking of using? It needs to be strong or it will collapse or burst, sounding like a backfire. On the other hand, if it is rigid, it will be difficult to seal properly.

but if it only leaks a little bit who cares if he is only moving the car.;) and if u cant see it dont have a superchangers pulley on it so the superchangers not goin to make any boost.

i only need i to run for about five min to get it on the trailer and five to get it off. i could put the blower pulley on if it would work, but im not sure if itr will make a difference. i was hoping to be able to use something like exhaust flex tubing, with some silicon cold air type connectors from the top to the pipe and from the pipe to the cut off intake plenum i have. i just dont want ot have to push this pig up hill!!

you prob can do that but im not for sure your be on your own with that. but keep the pulley belt off and it wont make boost . and it might run like crap if ther is any leaks but if it can bemoved it will help you i guess.

Just push it with a truck.:D :D ;) or even tow it with a tow strap

Back