Is there a more quiet muffler???

ThunderDave

I've got the Magnaflow cats and resonator and Flowmaster mufflers. I like the performance from this set up, but I'm getting tired of the drone. Is there a performance muffler that doesn't create such drone? I enjoyed it being quiet with the stock exhaust, but had to upgrade it for the 10% pulley. Would some turbo mufflers flow good enough or would I need something like Dynomax or Borlas?

Thanks!

As long as you upgraded cats and the resonator. You can go back to stock mufflers. Stock mufflers arent the biggest restriction.

You might just have to quit being so picky. I imagine cats, resonator, and mufflers are quiet enough.

i still have stock mufflers with stock resanator and mid headers i like the sound of the stock mufflers keeps it quiet and no drone like u said. haha im making next to nothing in the boost column so i havent upgraded the resanator yet:(

I dont have any rear mufflers and a magnaflow resonator and I have absolutely no drone. But then again I have stock cats :rolleyes:

Shane

I've got the Magnaflow cats and resonator and Flowmaster mufflers. I like the performance from this set up, but I'm getting tired of the drone. Is there a performance muffler that doesn't create such drone? I enjoyed it being quiet with the stock exhaust, but had to upgrade it for the 10% pulley. Would some turbo mufflers flow good enough or would I need something like Dynomax or Borlas?

Thanks!

Borla's are the best for reducing the drone that plagues you, my friend! Not sure of the exact muffler, but the largest that will fit will provide you the best sound while not sacrificing performance at all.

Good magnaflow resonator and 18" long mufflers are the key. They are big, but they are also quiet.

Good magnaflow resonator and 18" long mufflers are the key. They are big, but they are also quiet.

I've got the magnaflow cats and res. I'll see if Eddie still has the stock mufflers that came off this car. If he does, I'm sure we can work something out. ;)

Are you running the 40 series Flow Master mufflers?

I have a set on one of my SCs and the drone will drive you crazy....

Are your exhaust tips turned down?

Do you have to have cats for inspection in Raleigh?

In Charlotte, they told me my 89 didn't have to pass emissions anymore....:D

I'm taking my cats out and putting putting Wynn's down tubes to a magna flow resonator and then pipe it out the back......

Go witha Borla or a Dynomax muffler as Paul said preferably 18" long. It will do wonders...Stock mufflers really do barely any muffling Generic Dynomax Turbo mufflers or standard Borlas will be quietest

I just got the mufflers done. Got some off a 94 Thunderbird. The drone is completely gone, although it does still have a nice mello tone to it. It's just a little louder than stock. It also increased the vacuum just a little, so I'm guessing there would be a little more boost as well. Anybody need a pair of used flowmasters? :rolleyes:

Back