Some creativity would make my day - suggestions?

white91sc

I've come to the conclusion that I can fix a lot of the issues I have by converting my SC to 5-speed. I really love 5-speed, really want to keep my SC and have beaten myself up over trying to figure out how to get a 5-speed car so I could keep my SC. I've explored some other options such as a cheap car to have my 5-speed fun on but insurance kills that idea and I don't think I'd be happy. I've thought of trading my SC on a 5-speed SC but then I lose some of the sentimental value and value of the parts in my car.

The problem I have is I have really no budget to do it and I can't really do much because of my health. Does anyone have any great ideas? Come on guys make my day.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Well, assuming you want a M5R2, you could pick one up from a wrecked SC. You would need the acessories to the 5-speed, a computer from a 5-speed SC (Maybe Dennis can just re-flash your current computer? and yes I know you have EEC IV..it CAN be done) not sure if you would need a driveshaft, but you could get that from the same car as the tranny.

Or you could hop on over to lentech and buy a Fully Manual Valve Body. Best of both worlds, control, and a torque converter!

SC Get Togethers

Adam, Our SW MI SC group is quite active. We get together often & work on our cars. Why not get something like that started in your area? Our SC Guys jump at the chance to wrench on an SC. Your group probably would too! (Cheap Labor & GREAT company!)

Also, We trade/sell SC parts within our group. When someone actually sells parts, it's usually Very Cheap.

Why not try to set up some kinda SC get together. I'm SURE you'd get a good turnout!

Just a thought!

68COUGAR

Adam I have emailed you twice to day did you get them?

Jeff

Oh ya, I might have you beat with the most uninstalled parts.

Yeah Jeff, your are probably right. Go take a picture of your garage and post it. Let us be the judge of that!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Calvin

Back