Lifter Install

SenReg15

Just wondering if there is anything I should know about installing new lifters. Checking tolerances, lubing, etc....Thanks

Jeremy

good luck finding some lifters for a cheap price or if you can even get them...the reason that i say this is that Johnson Tappet closed there doors and there is currently on one or two manufactures of lifters making them EXTREMLY! difficult to get.
and when you can find them expect to pay double or more of what they normally cost.....

example we have them in stock and the cost $15 per lifter......ok now the price before the "lifter crisis" was $7 per lifter.....it sucks!

Todd

FYI,

302 lifters are the same thing. Just look for a 5.0 HO Muskrat part if anyone tells you they can't find them.

Later
Steve

very true...but if they are the same part number and when you look up a SC and dont have them are they going to magically appear if you look up a 5.0L mustang????

todd

five star ford

Just order them from dan at five star ford. I used the ford racing lifters which are cheaper than the stock lifter. He had a few more sets on the shelf when I ordered a couple of months ago.

fivestarford.com

Back