Exhaust advice.....

crich

I bought a Magnaflow Res from Vic and plan on having the exhaust done this weekend. I was going to have high flow cats installed as well but I took the SC to several exhaust shops around town and they either wont touch the cats or charge way to much to install them. So, what I plan on doing is just having the resonator installed and deleting the mufflers. Where I need the advice is do I run 3 inch all the way out from the res or shoud i have it reduced back down after the resonator?

I bought a Magnaflow Res from Vic and plan on having the exhaust done this weekend. I was going to have high flow cats installed as well but I took the SC to several exhaust shops around town and they either wont touch the cats or charge way to much to install them. So, what I plan on doing is just having the resonator installed and deleting the mufflers. Where I need the advice is do I run 3 inch all the way out from the res or shoud i have it reduced back down after the resonator?

Run it out to the rear and split to two 21/2 or 21/4 what ever your going to run for mufflers and tail pipes

anytime there is one pipe you should go with 3" inch pipe. Anytime there are dual pipes, 2.25" will be enough.

If your resonator is one in one out, then go 3" in and out. If it is one in dual out then go 3" in and dual 2.25" out.

With dual 2.25" pipes there is more drag on the air from the pipe walls than with one 3 inch pipe, but i still would expect dual 2.25" pipes to outflow 1 3"

Get a set of Magna Flow downtubes and cats from Summit.....

They are a direct replacement if you need cats to get your SC inspected....

Thanks......the resonator is dual 2.5 in and single 3 out. So i'll have 3 inch run out of the res and split it off into 2.25 and out with no mufflers.

Back