mp3?

95scfan

ok right now i have a totally stock sc(95 5 speed) but i was looking at the mp3 kit on the spinningwheels site and the kit is like 2200.00 if i go with that what will i need to make it work? it has a tb, raised top, blower and a power pully..... i know i will need a 85 maf and i know the exhaust will be a must will the 2.5-3.0-2.5 do the trick? i will also need to get a dyno tune what am i missing? injectors what size injectors will i need? any help would be apprecited. oh yeah one more thing can i use the stock intercooler or is that stupid and looking to do the headgaskets?

thanks
cody

Cody,

I believ ethere are a bunch of things you can do before going to that package that will make a big difference and needs to be done anyway..I'd start with them first

yea i kinda got to thinkin that like the small stuff and if i wanna spend that kinda money i can do cam and heads and big stuff it was just a thought i wanna go fast and eat rice all day long and the ls what really got me thinkin

cody

Start with exhaust...UD pulleys, Bigger MAF and cone filter...255lph pump....And some sticky tires will work wonders!

I have an MPIII with a bunch of other mods and I only made 247RWHP and that is only 20hp over what a made with a slightly ported 1 Gen blower at 15%. Mind you I had a stock AOD then and now I have a Lentech AOD with a non-locking converter, so that eats up some power. I run the MPIII at 25% OD and see about 18-19psi. It CERTAINLY has not live up to what I was promised. If I had to do it again I would do a set of SCU heads and cam and see way BIGGER gains. BTW...I believe that a 75mm TB will support like 400rwhp and are way cheaper that the 85mm. Save up a bit more and get a AR kit.

Marty

yeah thats what i want is the AR kit it sounds a lot better and i wanted to go with the big one i want to show up all the rice in town with my thunderbird but doug here in town has them all scared they think he has like 500 wheel hp and i just laugh and shrug it off..... so i get no play but don't i have to do the heads and cams before i do the AR kit??? i just want to be in the 13 sec range at least but it won't happen over night i need to keep workin at it
thanks....and more info would be great if ya got it
cody

Heads and cam would be great with the AR but I think you could do it without. Talk to DD about the AR.

Marty

You don't need to upgrade your blower to run 13's.You can run 13's with bolt-ons no problem.If your plan is to hit 13's don't even waste your money on MP3,stock blower is fine.

so what do i need for 13's???? but i want to go faster than that someday the 13's are just a start for now but a 10 would be nice even an 11 so any help would be appreciated

thanks
cody

Back