HD Poly Motor Mounts

Chuck W

Well, I'm not sure if this would be appropriate here, but I'm not sure if the original post in the Group Purchase forum is really the best either.

For a couple years now I have been making heavy-duty polyurethane motor mounts for various Ford niche applications, originally with the 2.3T motors, but recently expanding into others. (Over 200+ units sold)

At a recent request I looked into mounts for the SuperCoupes and have come up with an possible option.

Type%208_1.JPG

Other pics HERE with a comparision to a stocker.

I offer two different durometers of isolators. My design also ensures that you will never tear an isolator in two again. I can also supply then with different color isolators if there is enough interest.

Currently I have fitment on 89-93 cars and once I get my hands on some 94-95 pieces I can fill that gap as well.

The pics are of the unplated prototypes. Production pieces will be zinc chromate plated and include all new hardware.

I will be sending a set off to George Davenport here soon (but I will have a couple extra sets available at that time if folks are interested).

The selling price is probably going to be $150/set.

Just checking interest and opinions.

Chuck W
CWE Products

Looking for forward to the 5.0 mn12 mounts! Thats some nice looking peices you got there buddy;)

Chuck I would be interested in a 94/95 mount..Also have you done anything 4.6 Tbird wise? I;d be interested in them as well

amon

I'll see what I can do but would most likely need them back..I have teh motor almost out of my 4.6 bird and have half a motor in my roomates 94 sc so I could probbaly just get them pulled out.

I'll see what I can do but would most likely need them back..I have teh motor almost out of my 4.6 bird and have half a motor in my roomates 94 sc so I could probbaly just get them pulled out.

I wouldn't need to keep them.

BTW, I see you have an 87 V8 Cougar. What engine? What K-member? I make mounts for the 86-88 cars too. ;)

How soft or hard are they?

You mentioned that you will offer them in two different durometers? How close does that approximate the softness of the stock liquid filled ones?

Many of use who converted to solid rubber engine mounts have had to take the slight trade-off of more engine vibe in exchange for increased durability.

Due to polyurethane's increased strength properties, it is possible to use a durometer that will be very similar to the stock liquid filled mounts. This way we can get smooth engine performance without tearing our mounts apart....:D

Due to polyurethane's increased strength properties, it is possible to use a durometer that will be very similar to the stock liquid filled mounts. This way we can get smooth engine performance without tearing our mounts apart....

I am thinking no from teh looks of them EVEN if they were of a similiar durometer

Chuck I swapped out k member to a tubular one that used mustang mounts :O)

Well fine....be that way ! ;) Any luck on the other stock mounts?

As far as a comparison to the stock liquid-filled mounts ....there is no way to tear mine apart....you'd be ripping steel. The bushings on mine are only acted on in compression.

Yes, there is a trade-off for some vibrations, even with the softer ones. On the V6's though it isn't as bad as say on the 2.3T I4's. The 5.0 guys haven't made any mention of undue vibrations either.

It's possible I could have an even softer ones made...but you'd get to a point of diminishing returns eventually. The stiff ones are 70A and the soft ones are 60A. I've considered an dual durometer set up as well with a softer bushing on the off side and a stiffer one on the torque side.

I'm going to be sending the couple prototype sets off to the platers next week, so I'm still on schedule to get the samples to George D this month. I'll have a couple extra sets available. These will not be as nice as production pieces as I had to make some tweaks to my CAD files and there is a slight learning curve when figuring out the best way to weld them, together.
Anyway, if someone is interested in one of the extra sets, I'll sell them ata reduced price.

Back