Idle issues???

KCfire

1989 Thunderbird SC, AOD that is stock except for EGR delete.

Just swapped out my old supercharger with a fresh rebuild with teflon coated rotors. Used the anaerobic permatex to seal it all up, new TB gasket, cleaned TB, went thru all the VAC lines and sealed them up good with hose clamps and zip ties. I also have the IC tube gaskets from Wynn installed. My Vac reading on my stock guage is 18-20 psi at idle in park and 13-15 psi idle in drive with foot on the brake. <--Thats better than it ever was before. My tach reads 900-1000 rpm when I first start it and it will stay there till i blip the throttle then it will drop to around 600-700 rpm. Problem is I am getting a rough idle (not terrible) while in drive with foot on brake, that I never had before. It will subside a little once the engine warms up but doesnt completely go away. I have checked for vacuum leaks using carb/choke cleaner while the engine is running and cant seem to find a leak around any of the vacuum hoses, IC tubes, TB or intake plenum. Also, I am hearing more of a whistle/whine sound than ever before. Could the IAC cause this idle issue? And, is the more pronounced whistle/whine sound normal? I have WAY more "get-up-and -go" now than ever before :) but the idle issue is driving me nuts! (No...it's not a very far drive for me either!)
I have read as many of the previous posts on this as I could find, but none of them fit my particular situation. I dont want to start throwing non-returnable electrical parts at this and not get the problem fixed. Thanks in advance for any help you all might be able to toss my way.

Pugs and wires

Had plugs and wires changed in April of this year...at Ford...But-I just read the shop ticket and found out that they didnt use double platinum plugs. Could this be the cause? I find it odd that it did not start this rough idle thing until after I messed with changing the supercharger. Still wondering......

could be the IAC. take it off and clean it with brake cleaner not carb cleaner too harsh and see if it gets better.

Back