spec stage 2 clutch

shawpdx1

I hear these are hard on the fire wall any thing a guy can do to add some strength to the fire wall

HArd on fire wall?......What do you mean..We have a non cable operated clutch system so the only stress on the firewall is due to to much flex..Due to power or wheelhop or just plain abuse

Last edited:
You prob mean from the pedal pressure. No won't need to reinforce the firewall. It's pretty stiff brand new but once you break it in, it's not so bad. The pedal is pretty rigid where it's mounted anyways.

I broke my pedal off...

No doubt. It broke on the freeway last month on my way to work. Well, the actual pedal didn't break off, but the tab sticking out of the pedal (pointing towards the driver's door) where the pedal connects to the rod sticking out of the master cylinder for the clutch, wore down to nothing. The bushing is still available through Ford.... part number....6C3Z 7A581 A, thanks FastEd!!!!

It seems that the pedal had been wearing out for quite some time as the metal tab was completely worn down. Then, the last time I stepped on it, it just popped out of place. :eek:

No doubt. It broke on the freeway last month on my way to work. Well, the actual pedal didn't break off, but the tab sticking out of the pedal (pointing towards the driver's door) where the pedal connects to the rod sticking out of the master cylinder for the clutch, wore down to nothing. The bushing is still available through Ford.... part number....6C3Z 7A581 A, thanks FastEd!!!!

It seems that the pedal had been wearing out for quite some time as the metal tab was completely worn down. Then, the last time I stepped on it, it just popped out of place. :eek:

Too bad that won't help you. Once the stud and pushrod have been wearing together against each other a new bushing will not last. You'll have to pull the pedal and master cylinder out and rebuild them.

They eyelet on the rod sticking out of the master cylinder doesn't show much if any wear at all. However, as you said, the pedal is Toast!!. I already acquired another one. ;-)

Back