PDA

View Full Version : Driver rear quarterpanel

Tony8470
12-04-2006, 06:02 AM
I don't know much about auto body, but I hit a guardrail and mines gone. Took a look and it looks like it's welded on? either way the only chance I have at salvaging the car is to get a used one because they cost 1500 new.

lowflying90
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
how big of a panel do you need? i have a few parts cars that may have a good one i'd cut off and sell for a reasonable price possibly.

jeff

Kevin Leitem
12-04-2006, 06:21 PM
i have a 95 lx 4.6 car that had an engine fire. you can have the whole thing for 600.00

Cobra85
12-06-2006, 09:01 PM
I have a drivers side rear quarter skin ready to weld into place. Cut all spot welds with the proper tool, so all you need to do is to grind some of the flashing off.
Was going to replace the quarter on my old 93 before it was rearended & totaled.
Don't know about shipping to PA though. I live in Orlando FL. If you want a pic, send me your e-mail adderss by PM.

Tony8470
12-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Well I would like to be able to pick it up locally. Again, I dont know jack about auto body so I have included these pictures. And I will be doing the truck and bumper on my own. Parts would be nice! But I'm going to have the shop do the quarter panel.

For now all I need is whatever amount of quarter panel to fix this.

no164ford
12-07-2006, 01:04 AM
I have a rust free 1/4 here I cut out of a 93 sc I will let go for a low price. I can most likely hook you up with the trunk lid, lights, bumper cover, ect. I will PM you my phone number give me a call and we can work out a deal. I should be around this weekend if you wanted to pick the stuff up.

pnyklr
12-07-2006, 08:06 AM
you could go to harry's or eza pull and get one for $75

http://www.wegotused.com/harrys.htm

http://www.joesusedautoparts.com/Prices.html

you just have to take off the interior parts fuel lines etc ... ( i know I did it for my trans am)

Cobra85
12-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Well I would like to be able to pick it up locally. Again, I dont know jack about auto body so I have included these pictures. And I will be doing the truck and bumper on my own. Parts would be nice! But I'm going to have the shop do the quarter panel.

For now all I need is whatever amount of quarter panel to fix this.

Yea, a good body shop might be able to fix that quarter. And you can get a quarter cut off a wreck at a salvage yard, but it will still need to be cut from all tha internal panels once you receive it.
You'll have to weigh all the oppitions. Find out how much the body shop is going to charge you to prep the salvage yard panel before they can attach it to your car. I know I spent about 8 hrs. cutting all the spot welds to free the skin from all the inner attachment points.
The panel I have is ready to mount on with about a half hour of prep work.