help - where's the wires at ???

The wires in your first pic are for the crank sensor. The grey thing in you second pic is an EGR pressure sensor.

Near the crank pulley on the front of the engine. The wires are supposed to run up the front of the engine to the harness in your picture.

my friend who is a mechanic said hed rather rebuild my tranny than change my lugs and wires. is there any easy way to this .

It was not the crank sensor wires.

I found to missing wires.

Thanks for all the reply's and input

It would have been faster if someone would have walked outside and looked at their car.

here's the crank sensor plugs

It would have even been faster yet if someone had actually labelled all the wire connectors when pulling apart :cool:

Labels and freezer bags

It would have even been faster yet if someone had actually labelled all the wire connectors when pulling apart :cool:

Every time I've taken the engine out or had the heads off, both sides of every wire harness connector gets tagged and labeled with one or two inch wide masking tape. The easy way is to label the connectors using letters as in "A" and "A" for one connector and "B" and "B" for the next one, etc. When it goes back together, plug in the “A” to the “A” and “B” to the “B,” etc. Then you don’t have to know exactly what the wires are for, just that they belong together.

Also, all small parts and nuts and bolts are put into see-through freezer bags and labeled.

The Sharpie in the tool box gets a lot of use.

Another handy thing is to take photos, digital or print, of the engine as it’s disassembled. They sure came in handy later when you’re wondering what goes where.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Every time I've taken the engine out or had the heads off, both sides of every wire harness connector gets tagged and labeled with one or two inch wide masking tape. The easy way is to label the connectors using letters as in "A" and "A" for one connector and "B" and "B" for the next one, etc. When it goes back together, plug in the “A” to the “A” and “B” to the “B,” etc. Then you don’t have to know exactly what the wires are for, just that they belong together.

Also, all small parts and nuts and bolts are put into see-through freezer bags and labeled.

The Sharpie in the tool box gets a lot of use.

Another handy thing is to take photos, digital or print, of the engine as it’s disassembled. They sure came in handy later when you’re wondering what goes where.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Very, Very, Smart i must say...

i like having extra parts left over when i reassemble. It means i was more efficient than the engineers at ford. :cool: :D

Last edited:
Back