ABS pump motor and pump assembly...

Kit Sullivan

According to the shop manual, the pump motor and pump can be serviced seperatley from the ABS unit. That is what is wrong with mine, so...where can the motor be bought from? Or can the motor just be taken to a local shop and be rebuilt?
(trying to save a few bucks for Christmas here, you know!....OK, I'll admit it, I'm just cheap and trying to save money any way I can!)

...Well, I found the 'pump motor and pump' assembly avaialable from Advance auto for $462 (A Cardone part). The entire ABS unit rebuilt from 'Prior' is 'only' $633, so for that extra I think I would rather spend the bucks for all-reman'd. (I can't belive I said that!)

Go with the Prior unit

You will be better off with the Prior Remanufacturing unit. I've had mine for several years without a problem. They (Prior) are easy to deal with, and provide everything you need for returning the old core. Replacing the Teves Mark II ABS was probably the easiest "big job" I've done on my SC...

Yeah, I think I'm leaning in that direction. Since everything on the 'Prior' unit is reman'd, it allevitates the tension knowing that some other high-dollar part on the whole assembly may go south relatively soon. That would ruin the 'good deal' scenario of saving a few bucks.
Thanks for the input.

Back