gas tank questions

ndiiorio

I have a 90 sc. I dropped the gas tank because of a third bad fuel pump. the tank looks severely corroded. so where can I buy a new tank? if I have to get a 92 - up style tank what is the difference between the two and what modifications are necessary? and is there anywhere to get the harness to the fuelpump assymbly or at least the plug and pins? thanks

You mean the plastic is corroded? That would take something serious. I bet you could just flush your tank out really well and it would be good. The later style tank has about 1 gallon less fuel in it due to the exhaust running through it instead of around it. You would need a new resonator back exhaust section from a later style car or have something made.

I have a 90 sc. I dropped the gas tank because of a third bad fuel pump. the tank looks severely corroded. so where can I buy a new tank? if I have to get a 92 - up style tank what is the difference between the two and what modifications are necessary? and is there anywhere to get the harness to the fuelpump assymbly or at least the plug and pins? thanks

I don't understand how a plastic tank can corrode... Do you mean the fuel pump connector is severely corroded? I believe a replacement connector can be purchased. Check with your local auto parts supplier like NAPA.

The 92 on up fuel tank will bolt in without any modifications other than exhaust pipe routing.

Here is good how-to on fuel pump replacement from Rich.

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/fuel-pump/fpk-install/fuel-pump-kit-install.htm
Good luck

Bryan

Back