Everyone Read This! PLEASE!

darkstar_one

dudes, everyone please! how does your sc handle, when taking a turn and there is a crack maybe about less than an inch high? does the whole rear end jump and slide? how does the IRS suspension feel on tough surfaces? does it jump around flopping the wheels? please let me know.... i really need to know, i think my IRS is shot but dont know what to do about it.... please let me know how a stock SC handles or with aftermarket shocks, mines handles like a prehistoric chariot with no suspension.... someone help me!

I've had four SCs. Two had stock height suspension and two were lowered. The ones with stock height handled well and the loweres ones, like they were on rails. Sounds like you may definitely have a problem.

okay check this out... these are my modifications...

in the rear, i have the lower control arm bushings, both lower front and back bushings replaced... i have KYB GR-2 shocks also, i also have RED POLY-URETHANE spring isolators... and have energy suspension sway bar endlinks and sway bar bushings.... and i swear i thought it would handle better but it acts like its a chariot with no suspension... im thinking of going to the junkyard on a half day off weekend and getting some rear control arms both up and lower from a low mileage bird and see if anything changes...

I have the KYB’s and when I hit bad spots in the road I drift a little or get thrown to one side or the other depending on how bad the pothole or piece of bad road I hit was. I also have various poly bushing and S/T springs the car can cut a curve great a bit of over steer in my opinion but it definitely does have some drift to it at times. The ride is a good bit stiffer than the stock suspensions on my other S/C but I feel it is much more precise and well worth the extra little beating. I much prefer the feel of the KYB/ lowered S/C I have to the one with the stock suspension. My KYB’s have been on the car for several months and have started creaking a little but allot of the people on the board have said the do not have a great life expectancy and to stay away from them. Have you checked your spindle and irs bushings and all of the rest of that good stuff? Last time I was in Cali I did not think the roads were all that bad. Well not as bad as all of these mule trails by me.

Do us a favor and list the problem in your thread heading. Most people who would be able to provide good technical advice will skip over threads like this that sound like a kid crying for his mommy. ;)

The only reason I read this is I didn't see who posted it and thought it was SPAM. I was going to report it to the admin. :eek:

You have recieved good answers above. There is something wrong with your car. Start by checking the tire pressure, then carefully check the rear wheel bearings. They are notorious and will cause that exact problem. If they are good then the next step is to check for worn inner upper control arm bushings and then the toe link compensators. If it's not that and all suspension bushings are tight then go get the car aligned. You'll find it.

Yes either somethinsg wrong or you expect something different which at this point is hard to tell. Did you get an alighnment?..If not do so

Do us a favor and list the problem in your thread heading. Most people who would be able to provide good technical advice will skip over threads like this that sound like a kid crying for his mommy. ;)

The only reason I read this is I didn't see who posted it and thought it was SPAM. I was going to report it to the admin. :eek:

You have recieved good answers above. There is something wrong with your car. Start by checking the tire pressure, then carefully check the rear wheel bearings. They are notorious and will cause that exact problem. If they are good then the next step is to check for worn inner upper control arm bushings and then the toe link compensators. If it's not that and all suspension bushings are tight then go get the car aligned. You'll find it.

What Dave said and oh yeah, ~~~~. ;) :D

now dave, thats just not right, spam, from me? hell i dont even know how to cook the spam in a can, now why would i spam this board... come on... thats not right! now appologize... there, was that so hard...

and you all should know i have SEXLEXIA, its a sexy learning disability... so forgiveness please...

yes i will check the bushings... i mean i do know my toe compensator links are worn out... :rolleyes: the wheel bearings are new... replaced when i did the suspension work less than a year ago...

there.... i broke down and was able to spam this board...

but will check the links and what nots... thanks dudes.. i just wanted to see how everyones car handles..

Attachments

• spam.jpg
    spam.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 36
now dave, thats just not right, spam, from me? hell i dont even know how to cook the spam in a can, now why would i spam this board... come on... thats not right! now appologize... there, was that so hard...

and you all should know i have SEXLEXIA, its a sexy learning disability... so forgiveness please...

yes i will check the bushings... i mean i do know my toe compensator links are worn out... :rolleyes: the wheel bearings are new... replaced when i did the suspension work less than a year ago...

I said, I didn't notice who posted, just the retarded heading. :p

If you know suspension parts are bad, why bother with the post? You already know what the answer is. If toe link compensators were not a necessary part of the suspension, Ford wouldn't have spent the money on them. :eek:

I'm just giving you a hard time, but seriously, a heading that gives the reader a hint of the problem would elicit more qualified responses. I answer everything just because I'm a post whore. There are lots of other people who are willing to help who are more knowledgeable but won't read a post yelling for "help!" ;)

I said, I didn't notice who posted, just the retarded heading. :p

If you know suspension parts are bad, why bother with the post? You already know what the answer is. If toe link compensators were not a necessary part of the suspension, Ford wouldn't have spent the money on them. :eek:

I'm just giving you a hard time, but seriously, a heading that gives the reader a hint of the problem would elicit more qualified responses. I answer everything just because I'm a post whore. There are lots of other people who are willing to help who are more knowledgeable but won't read a post yelling for "help!" ;)

thanks dad... :rolleyes: now put that belt away.... i will check them out and let u spring chickens know whats up with the crap..

Hey, not to hyjack this thread but is it normal for shocks to start creaking when it starts to get cold outside?

Shane

If the sound is a "scruncha scruncha" noise, then it would be the upper control arm bushings rather than the shocks. :) Happens a lot.

Hey, not to hyjack this thread but is it normal for shocks to start creaking when it starts to get cold outside?

Shane

Yes this I know But it started doing it when it was 70 out :D . Where I work there is about 30 speed bumps you have to go over and I take every one pretty fast. The creaking has become some other bad type noise now.:(

ok so back to the problem,

check the upper control arm at inner bolt is it tight this is the chamber adjustment bolt.

next sit on ground put foot on front of wheel and push it does it move back now try forward does it move if so rebuiild suspension .

mine was bad you could grab wheel with hands and move it around it was bad knuckle bearing wobbled in knuckle.are your axle nuts tight?

no guys im not getting frisky.

a loose axle nut can cause it to feel like its steering from rear end.

Yeah, I'm with sparky, Those toe-compensator-link "dog-bone" things are there to allow the lower control arms to twist in and out around the corners. So, if they're all sloppy....

okay dudes, will check tommorow. will try to make a little video, my axles nuts i know are tight, because i took em out and replaced them when i did the hub swap, and i tightened it to 250lbs with a MAC torque wrench... and i put loc-tite on them... but yeah anymore hints? and the bearings are new also...

Last edited:
Back