Over heated my sc!

boost boi

okay driving home one fabulous day summer of 06' pushing mild boost(3-5psi)up my 7 mile dead end mountain road. I get about half way up it and realize my car is smoking a tiny bit from behind and then I realized my engine was overheating about 3/4s of the way from the red it always stays at 1/3rd occassional half mark so I pulled over and turned the car off. :confused:

It turned out to be the lower radiator hose rubbing on the belt (doing motor mounts soon)I have all the lightweight pulleys, if that helps. I think they're a tad bigger than stock. so I duck taped up the hose and got some water from a neighbor passing by. I attempted to start the car and it was very hesitant took about 3 or 5 6 seconds turns, then finally after a lil smoke it fired up.
I raced home knowing water was leaking badly.

I got home turned the car off and attempted to start it the next day after replacing the lower radiator hose and filling it up, but I had no luck. It turns over and then puffs out smoke from somewhere under the hood and makes some wierd gurggling sound and thats it :( it doesn't appear to have any water in the oil.

If anyone can help me give me a few ideas of what I need to do to get her screaming again let me know.

well to me sounds like your head gaskets but how many miles on the car has the hg's been done yet. need more info about the car.

well the engine was built about 20 k ago it has a fancy set of paper gaskets.
I've been meaning to replace them with a better setup maybe check out the blower 2
I was told it was a mpIII think its a mpII though.

thanks

Did you buy this car recently? The MP3 hasn't been on the market long.

I have no clue as to what it may be. I'd need to know if there is spark, fuel pressure, etc... before even venturing a guess.

Do a compression test, that should give you an idea of the head seal.

how to test spark and fuel pressure.

hrmm how should I go about testing for spark? and fuel pressure? I'm pretty sure its a mpII got it about a year ago.

thanks for the help!!! :)

well fuel pressure thers a little looks like a valve stem on the fuel rail well you hook of a fuel pressure gauge there and test it.

What color is the smoke? if it is white or light grey in color then you are burning anti freeze/water. that would lead us to belive that you have a head gasket problem. If the smoke is dark in coor or a blue color that would be oil. Two very different problems. I think we need a little more info before we could attemp a good guess at this one.

Plugs...

Start removing the spark plugs. If you find any that are super clean (as if they have been steam cleaned) then you know there's a problem (i.e. head gasket or cracked head).

Back