Anyone running a DIABLO chip in their SC?

T

tbirdboy

Anyone running a DIABLO chip in their SC?

Curious to know if anyone has Diablo performance chip in place of the stock unit and what if any increase in power, dyno, seat-of-the-pants or otherwise have been noted?

Inject chips

Check over at TCCOA and CV.Net and ask about the inject chip.

Every chip is customized for your specific needs and application. We don't use off the shelf programming like some other places. We develop each chip for exactly what your needs are without it costing extra.

We can also change a lot of things the "others" can't. Most "chip burners" just take some pre-developed program and burn that onto the chip. We have developed our own software that allows us to modify literally hundreds of values that the other guys don't even know exist. This is one of the things that make our chip better than the rest.

We have made thousands of Dyno pulls to develop a calibration that optimizes power and torque. During each of these pulls data is obtained, analyzed and then changes are made based on that. When you buy our chip, you buy this experience, which is second to none.

In almost all situations you do not need to send us your EEC module to read. We have an extensive database of files and rarely will you be put out by having to send us your module.

We don't just sell you a chip, we tell you how to get the most power out of your vehicle. Sometimes there are other things that you can benefit from, like a colder thermostat, different spark plugs and a different MAF.

We can set up your chip for any air meter you want to run. Not like the other guys that try to sell you their air meter with their chip. The best MAF's to use in most any application are production Ford MAF's. The quality control on these are excellent and the latest models have a pressure drop just as good as the aftermarket meters.

The programming on our chip was developed by people that actually programmed production EEC's. Do you want someone who has only made chips for, maybe, a few hundred cars or a few million?

In all honesty anyone can make power with a chip. All you have to be able to do is change spark and fuel (but you do get our vast experience for making that power). Very few, if any, chip programmers make changes to anything other than wide-open throttle. How often are you are WOT? After you get all the power possible, we then modify how the car drives at part throttle, where you spend most of your time. We modify the shift schedule, shift feel, spark, fuel, EGR, almost every subsystem that is within the EEC to maximize your entire driving experience. This also results in greater fuel economy. Now, with all your new found power, you may find yourself sampling this power more often, so you need to remember this when calculating your fuel economy.

Re: Inject chips

I've got a Diablo chip.

It doesn't replace the EEC, but just piggy backs it by plugging into the test port.

The chip came blank and had a custom file written to it by Jerry. It was dyno tuned and if memory serves me correctly I got approx. 13RWHP and 9ft-lbs or something like that. The biggest improvement was my fuel curve. It was all whacked out (very lean down low). Now it's a nice safe 12:1 ratio from start to end and I picked up a little power in the process.

The chip seems to work ok though. Has a couple glitches where the car will stumble a tad, but it happens on very few occasions.

Micah

Well that all sounds pretty cool. I'm not quite sure though what I would need too ask aside from a standard increase in fuel output and steeping the spark curve a tad. By the way, what is the entry fee to join the "Devil's Club" based on a standard/custom burn?

For me it cost $350 for the dyno runs and custom chip.

I think it's more like $200-$250 if you just have a chip made and sent to you.

Keep in mind, Diablo has nothing to do with this other than they provide the blank chip. I'm sure if ACME made a blank chip for less then Jerry would be using their chips.

If you want the Diablo company to do a file for your car then I have no idea what you would expect. And if I were you I would try some other places before Diablo. Custom Chips (or whoever it is now) over at TCCoA does good work. You may also want to try Chris Johnson Motorsports (www.jmschips.com). He is Godlike in his Stang tuning capabilities. I don't know of any SC's that have worked with him, but I have talked to him about tuning SC's and he would be more than happy to do them. (by the way, he also owns an SC).

But that's just my two cents.

Micah

Don't get CustomChips. They are quickly heading under as they can't keep up. There have been people waiting MONTHS for chips, even after sending them money.

Contact Dennis (the 2nd post in this thread).

Dale

What about the EEC-Tuner....Personally I love the thing and as long as Dr. Fred is around, I think my life will be happier with the tuner for $450...

I think the tuner blows monkey chunks. Wonderful capability. Horrible hardware.

Micah

Back