Valve Job

darkstar_one

Hey, i am wondering... Would it be wise to buy aftermarket springs and valves when i take my heads to get a valve job. Also what valve job should i ask for... 3-ANGLE? 5-ANGLE? What are your recommendations...

From what I understand, the stock springs are crap. And why not get larger valves while you're at it instead of leaving the stock ones in?

I got a valve job in Vegas once..........

..........ended up with the clap.

what happens there stays there my ~~~

Hey, i am wondering... Would it be wise to buy aftermarket springs and valves when i take my heads to get a valve job. Also what valve job should i ask for... 3-ANGLE? 5-ANGLE? What are your recommendations...

If you are not doing any porting, a 3-angle valve job is plenty. In addition, you won't need aftermarket springs unless you're going with a different cam...Just when you have the valve job done, make sure the machinist goes through the heads to make sure everything is okay. The stock valve springs are fine for a stock cam.

If you want a little more (i.e. porting and a cam) then aftermarket springs are a must. A 3-angle valve job is still good, but a 5-angle would be a bit better... But remember that better costs money...

3angle is the best out there for the money, beyond that its the law of diminishing returns (even if you ignore cost 3 is still the best for the cuts/time)

A 3 angle will be plenty. Get what ever valves you are going to use back cut too.

As for the springs, how many miles do they have on them? It would probably be a wise investment to replace them, especially while everything is apart.

Don't forget to make sure the machinist checks the valve guides.

Ted

Back