TBKHomeworld I need your help!!! anyone thats removed 5spd

89xr7man

TBKHomeworld I need your help!!! anyone thats removed 5spd

I'm trying to remove the tranny right now but there is a cable or oil line going into the transmission on the drivers side left of the drain plug that I cannot get out... Please help!!

Re: TBKHomeworld I need your help!!! anyone thats removed 5s

It's the hydraulic line for the slave cylinder. It takes a special tool to remove it.
CDefault-338.jpg

www.autopart.com/tools/file/part338.htm

If you can see how it works, you may be able to fashion something. I've heard people use Needle Nose pliers to get it apart.

I replied to you via email. Check it for the procedure.

You can remove it with two small flathead screwdrivers.

likewise, I used a couple of small flatheads to push the white bushing into the slave cylinder and it popped right out.

Well I finally got it out (probably need a new white sleeve though) got the transmission dropped and the clutch and flywheel pulled off. The pressure plate didn't look to bad, the clutch plate needs replaced (over medium wear), and I think it is probably a good time to install the aluminum flywheel.

Always a good time to do as much as you can afford. One thing you'll want to make sure is that your flywheel isn't weighted like my Duracast crank flywheel is.

pic1.jpg

As you can see, this one has a weighted offset to it....if yours doesn't have this, then your gonna have it easy getting an aluminum flywheel.

Other things to think about while your there:
1) Rear Main Seal
2) Slave Cylinder (Comes with throw-out bearing)
3) Pressure Plate
4) Clutch
5) Hyraulic line (if it's damaged in any way)
6) New flywheel bolts
7) New pressure plate to flywheel bolts
8) New Pilot bearing

I think that pretty much covers it...glad you were able to get everything taken out. The process really isn't all that hard, is it? (Just time consuming).

Not too bad, but must must be very patient.

I'll take another look at my flywheel before ordering the aluminum one. Thanks for the tips.

Back