Missing

thunder89

I have made a post about this before but I now have more information. My '89 SC has an almost constant miss. However, at times the engine will run smoothly, sometimes for 100 miles at a time. Occasionally the car will transition rapidly between rough and smooth running. I first tried to replace plugs and plug wires, with no change. The problem does not seem to be temperature-related since it can start or stop whether the car is cold or warm. The check engine light is usually on when the miss occurs. The tachometer reads low while the miss is occurring, or will swing around. I have checked the connections on the DIS module, coil pack and CMP sensor. I have pulled codes 41,46, and 91. 41 and 91 deal with left and right oxygen sensors. Code 46 according to my book means "coil pack 1 circuit failure". If the coil pack was bad, would the problem be intermittent? Maybe there is a bad connection somewhere that I have not checked?

if its the o2 sensors it doesnt necessarily mean they are at fault, its only saying that they are picking up some funky readings. yes the coil pack going bad can do this considering that if its the stock one its subject to alot of heat and electronic stuff doesnt like heat!! also electronics go bad all the sudden and are fine the next min then again are bad. im still trying to find the problem im having a sensor or sumtin somewhere but dont no which caus i replaced almost all of them.

chris

Back