cant find wher it gos

intercooled89xr

i have an 89 xr7 and i need to know what is the pice on the front drivers side valve cover and where the line that comes off it where dose it go. and a diff.? my spinner nut has a crack in it what should i do? and would that make the car stall and run rough at low idle? thanks for your help

The hose runs from the connection on the driverside valve cover, across the front of the engine under the blower snout and to a fitting on the underside of the rubber air intake tube.
Need a pic let me know, I have a car without a blower that still has the hose on it.

What do you mean by "spinner nut"?

'bird

if u could i would like to see the pic to make sure. and the spinner nut is on the blower top that holds on the intercooler pipe hope that helps thanks 4 your help

The bad spanner nut is likely causing a vacuum leak, causing the stalling, or the tube running from the drivers side valve covor not being hooked up can cause the same problem. Or it could be both.

Jeff

You might as well replace the whole top, or send it off to Tbird to have it welded back up. Or you could try silicone, but it might not work, and probably will end up cracking in another spot and fall off at the most un-opportune time.

Jeff

here ya go

Here's a view from the passenger side. The spot marked #1 is the connection on the driverside valve cover. The tube cones across the intake manifold (trail is maked w/red asterisks) and under the DIS module mounting pad (spot #2). In the pic, I have the end of the tube pulled up above the DIS pad so you'll know what it looks like.

There is a short piece of rubber hose that connects this end of the tubing to an elbow fitting on the underside of the rubber intake pipe (the large hose between the MAF & throttle body).

hope this helped,

'bird

Attachments

• mvc-635f.jpg
    mvc-635f.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 131
Would this line be coming from the PCV valve? Looking at
my 90 SC, it looks like both PCV's are connected together and
then from the passengers side it's connected to other emmisions
stuff.

There should be a sticker in your engine bay (hood or frame) that
shows the vacuum system for your car.