MT ET street radials

SRT-4

For the stock 16 inch rim, what is the biggest tire that I can run with stock springs? 26x11.5? or will be to wide

Yeah my SC is a stick.......what would be a better tire for the track? I'm going to have 2 sets of rims for the back, street/strip but I didnt even think about a full slick because I thought it would be to hard on the IRS

I believe that is the opposite way of thinking. Dalke once told me you need a tire that is specifically made to absorb the shock generated by the launch. Drag radials do not absorb shock as well as true slicks do. A true slick will be your best bet.

Well it looks like the Hoosier D.O.T. Drag Radial Tires come in 255/50/16 :cool: might have to try em

If you're not going to drive on the stickies to the track, and you're not running in a specific class that mandates a radial tire, a stick SC will work better on bias-ply drag tires.

Most commonly used are the M/T E-T Street bias ply tires, in the 26.0 x 10.50 x 16" size ... very close in overall dimensions to 255/50/16.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet

cheers
Ed N.

If you're not going to drive on the stickies to the track, and you're not running in a specific class that mandates a radial tire, a stick SC will work better on bias-ply drag tires.

Most commonly used are the M/T E-T Street bias ply tires, in the 26.0 x 10.50 x 16" size ... very close in overall dimensions to 255/50/16.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet

cheers
Ed N.

Good advice. They are the tires I use, just a different size. The E/T Streets have a softer sidewall and so do not put the same amount of the stress on the IRS, the rear end, etc. that the radials do.

Ira

One thing to keep in mind though is the bias ply tires may limit what you can do at the track. Say at the shootout, they push you up a class out of the stock one, where radial ET tires are o.k. You may also find this at some drag tracks with their street strip nights. limiting cars to DOT Radials.

The bias ply tires work well, but check with what you intend to do to make sure they don't cut you out of various events you want to attend.

The ET Street bias-ply tires will allow you to participate in both DOT and slick-tire events at Gateway International Raceway. I suspect that most tracks will be the same. You would still miss out on a Radial specific class, but I haven't heard of Gateway having one of them.

The ET Street bias-ply tires will allow you to participate in both DOT and slick-tire events at Gateway International Raceway. I suspect that most tracks will be the same. You would still miss out on a Radial specific class, but I haven't heard of Gateway having one of them.

GIR FTW, I have never been anywhere else, and they did let me use the ET Street Radials on tues and wed :D

Back