glowing red cats

thunderkid84

:( my SC scared me today. i replaced spark plugs and wires and made sure i hooked everything back up right. started it and went to pull out of my driveway and it sputtered pretty bad. so i pulled back up and popped the hood and double-checked everything.

i noticed the engine would vibrate slightly at idle. it idled fine, at 800. after abotu 2 mins. i couldnt figure out what was wrong. the i saw glowing from underneath, so i looked and my driver side cat was glowing red hot. i immediately cut the car off

can anybody tell me what just happened ??:(

:( my SC scared me today. i replaced spark plugs and wires and made sure i hooked everything back up right. started it and went to pull out of my driveway and it sputtered pretty bad. so i pulled back up and popped the hood and double-checked everything.

i noticed the engine would vibrate slightly at idle. it idled fine, at 800. after abotu 2 mins. i couldnt figure out what was wrong. the i saw glowing from underneath, so i looked and my driver side cat was glowing red hot. i immediately cut the car off

can anybody tell me what just happened ??:(

You got plug wires mixed up and the resulting unburned fuel and air is burning the cats instead of in the motor.

You have a misfire that is causing raw air and fuel to mix and burn in your cats. Fix the misfire and you'll fix the glowing cat. Don't fix the misfire and you'll be replacing your cats.

Back