seat belts no worky

mannysc

ok so my pass side seat belt does not move away when door is opened but some times if I open drivers door it will move . if i turn on ignition it goes to closed position if I close door it goes to closed position . if I connect power to motor i can make it go both ways.

whats up it driving me crazy er.

Last edited:
ok so my pass side seat belt does not move away when door is opened but some times if I open drivers door it will move . if i turn on ignition it goes to closed position if I close door it goes to closed position . if I connect power to motor i can make it go both ways.

Mines kind of the same but mine if i start it in the open pos it will move back and keep grinding. so i keep mine unpluged owell i would like to fix it if anyone has any suggestion.

yours is the micro switch at the end where belt goes when in locked position I may have one here for you to try ive parted out a few sc,s over the yrs and have some stuff left ill check today

How do you unplug them? My driver's side seatbelt is stuck also at the end. It doesn't move but you can hear it trying. I really don't have an idea how to fix or how to get to it (what to take apart)?:confused: :confused:

If you just dont want any of them to move take out the large fuse for passive restraints in the underhood fuse box. I did that before I fixed the tracks on the driver side.

The rear sail panel is pretty easy to take off, you will then see whats wrong if yours wont move but you can hear it trying. The tracks like to come apart right above the motor. I put mine back but it came right back out again. I then made a brace and screwed it over the tracks and its been great ever since.

to un plug remove back seat unscrew the lower side panels the harness is right there next to motor the micro switches are up near belts rest stop push in tab and pull out . mines working on and off now ill remove motor and check it out i have extras somewhere around here parted out 4 sc,s last yr just have to find the stuff is all.

yours is the micro switch at the end where belt goes when in locked position I may have one here for you to try ive parted out a few sc,s over the yrs and have some stuff left ill check today

well manny i got one and it didnt fix it i can make a video of what its doing if you want and it can make it work:D .;)

It`s usually the switch on the door latch. Its not making contact and acts like the doors not open yet. Sometimes the plug in just falls off due to slamming the door shut. If it still plugged in tight take some WD40 or contact cleaner to the switch. Keep in mind its hard to see this switch.

My sail panels came off without removing the back seat at all. Is this normal?

EDIT: I see now you meant the bottom of the seat, durh.

Last edited:
It`s usually the switch on the door latch. Its not making contact and acts like the doors not open yet. Sometimes the plug in just falls off due to slamming the door shut. If it still plugged in tight take some WD40 or contact cleaner to the switch. Keep in mind its hard to see this switch.

so how will that make it stop going back when it in the forward pos. it will come all the way back now that its all the way back it just grinds and the seat belt motor dont shut off unless i unplug it. i did try the stop switch and the end off the seatbelt track and it didnt fix it . dose everyone else think the same as him.;)

I think that you have a problem with the track assy. I would get the track to move to rear most position and unplug the motor untill I figure out what I wanted to do with it. If you need a track let me or someone else here know and I'm sure that we can find you one.

when my driver side window was getting stuck, grinding but not moving, the problem was with the gear, not the track. There is a worm gear (made of steel) that transfers power off the motor to a round gear (plastic) in the base that then has teeth that hook into the track. In my case it was the round gear that was chewed up at the interface to the worm gear. The track was fine.

That particular gear is the same in both the passenger and drivers side, so if you can only find one side in the salvage yard, that particular gear will work in either side. The track will also work in either side. That's about all that will swap.

I think that you have a problem with the track assy. I would get the track to move to rear most position and unplug the motor untill I figure out what I wanted to do with it. If you need a track let me or someone else here know and I'm sure that we can find you one.

i goin 2 the junk yard today that what i have done unpluged it this sc in a near by junk yard has all the seat belt parts. thats why im asking.;)

when my driver side window was getting stuck, grinding but not moving, the problem was with the gear, not the track. There is a worm gear (made of steel) that transfers power off the motor to a round gear (plastic) in the base that then has teeth that hook into the track. In my case it was the round gear that was chewed up at the interface to the worm gear. The track was fine.

That particular gear is the same in both the passenger and drivers side, so if you can only find one side in the salvage yard, that particular gear will work in either side. The track will also work in either side. That's about all that will swap.

yea there is a savage yard close by that has a 91 sc with all its parts im goin 2 take them but what would you guys think it is the gear most of it is pocket parts but the track i bet i could get it for like 5 $

what do you mean take the whole seat belt assy out the junk yard and put it in mine. well im not for sure if it even works:eek: .could be a wast of my time and money.;)

The problem, I think, with yours is going to be the ribbon, which is easier to replace with the complete assembly.

Back